ESBA Tom Aylward Memorial Tournament Sept 7 Forge Pond

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
MMT

Post by MMT »

ESBA Memorial Tournament Sept 7 Forge Pond
Firstly, I'd like to thank all who attended. This tournament is put together to benefit the family of an old friend who passed away a few years ago. The support we got by both anglers and sponsors was fantastic. I want to give a huge thank you to the following groups for helping out both with donations and products: Mr. B's Bait and Tackle, Hooked Solid Baits, Micro Munch Tackle, Green Eyes Worm Works, Krug Construction Co., In A Breeze, Portable Igloo, Northern Hand Poured, Rockville Pictures
National Sponsors: Blazer Baits, Sea King, Snag Proof, Yamamoto, Hookerz Terminal Tackle.
Without your generosity, this would not have been possible. As a tournament dirctor for a small club, this single event means more to me than all of my qualifiers. It is for a great cause and to see that so many people got involved really makes me happy.....thanks again.

The Tournament was held on Forge Pond. We had 11 teams participate. In all, it was a tough day. Bluebird skies after a passing front made things difficult but not impossible. We held a double weigh-in to protect the fish. Vin and Tom weighed in with 2.15lbs. JP and Joe Pido brought 4.83lbs to the scales by chucking jigs. Robbie and Bob had 1.82 and dumped a fish at the weigh in that was close to 1.5lbs. Krug and Krug weighed in with 1.17lbs. WildBill had 3.28lbs of frog fish. Brian and Dave from EEB took 5.38lbs and locked up third place. Greg and Jim from EEB took second with 15.43. Hooked Solid and Earthworm placed first with 16.93lbs worth of Salty Stinker and Jig fish. Mike D/Vic and Rob/Joe DNW. Many guys reported taking a few fish on Senkos and Salty Stinkers. That was the early pattern for Earthworm and Hooked Solid and Greg and Jim. We struggled to put a real pattern together until we decided to turn to jig and pigs. Once we established where we thought the fish were, we started hammering them. We finished with 16.93lbs. Thanks again for coming out for a great charity event.

Final standings for the Tom Aylward Memorial Tournament
Craig "EW" DeFronzo and Paul Ritchie-16.93lbs Lunker EW-3.40
Greg/Jim-15.43lbs
Brian/Dave-5.90
Joe P/Jim-4.83
WildBill-3.28
Frank/Scott-2.83
Vin/Tom-2.15
Robbie/Bob-1.82
Mike/Matt-1.17
Rob/Joe-DNW
Mike D/Vic-DNW

If you need it, I will build it and they will come.
Craig DeFranzo
Dennis Bligh Jr

Post by Dennis Bligh Jr »

Craig,
Your welcome from Blazer Bass Baits! I'm glad everything went well for you guys and everyone got to weigh in safetly. I'd be more than happy to help you out next year just let me know.
Dennis
Blazer Bass Baits
Massachusetts Pro-Staff
Dennis Bligh Jr.
http://www.Dennisbligh.com
MMT

Post by MMT »

Thanks Again Dennis. I appreciate you coming through for me like that. I hope your generosity drums up a little business for you.
Craig DeFranzo