Attention, Iowa and Illinois Anglers

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
KenWarren

Post by KenWarren »

Hey, JT just got lucky with AOY. He was so far behind going into the final tournament he had to get real lucky and I had to fall on my face, both of which happend. Oh well that's fishing.

Anyway, don't forget about my district # 73 I'm just up river from Jeremiah on pools 11-13. Come out and fish both district. I do and I love the change. For my schedule go to http://www.geocities.com/ad4os/Dist73

The points count regardless of in which district they are earned as long as it's ABA you can expect the same at any district. If you get spring fever early you can even drive to TX and fish a district event there.

Ken Warren
Ken Warren

Pro Angler BASS Central Opens
Host:--Black Water Bassin' Podcast

Sponsored by: Triton Boats, Evinrude, Strictly Bass Lures, & Rejuvenade
JT_BAGWELL

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

Ken,

I guess if you consider being in 2nd place (3 Points out of 1st) way behind going into the final tournament, you're right I was WAY behind. Fact is I was able to do what I needed to do, Period.

LOL Don't make me bring up the "Butt whoopin' you were going to give me on Kentucky lake". Do I smell a Skunk??? LOL

See ya in the spring.

JT Bagwell
Jeremiah Bagwell : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
jjpatton

Post by jjpatton »

I fished the ABA for the first time last year in JT and Ken's districts- It was my first year of fishing on a tournament "circuit" like this- and I really enjoyed it. Great group of guys and a nice layout with flexibility (stated above) to allow for a person with a busy schedule to still compete for national standings, aoy, etc. I would strongly recommend either district 46 or 73 to anyone in this area (Western Ill, Southern Wis, Eastern IA) who is looking to fish some or more tournaments. As you can see above, the competition is fierce with a fun side to it, entry fees are relatively low, you learn from partners (different each time depending on the draw) and in the draw format you dont need a boat to enter.
JJP