Missouri BASS Federation Champ

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Don House

Post by Don House »

Well, it's been a while since I have been on the water, I was able to fish the Missouri BASS Federation State Tournament on Table Rock in October.

Fishing was great as allways, deep deep fish won this one, using spoons and light line drop shot over long sweeping points and deep trees in 45-65 ft of water.

Matter of fact one of my favorite fishing friends and room mate Rick LaPoint shook the fishing tree on Table Rock this year with a strong 1st place finish and the crown of State Champ for Missouri. Congrads Rick good luck in red river basin next year..

I managed to end up in 41st place after a big "0" and real bad start on Saturday, Sunday came and a new and better day.

Just shows even at your home lake, this sport can and will make you check your attitude at the door.. Good lesson to learn..

Good Fishing

EAT SLEEP FISH

Don House
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Don, congrats on your strong finish and to Rick for winning. That home field advantage is a tricky thing, I grew up on Table Rock and Bull Shoals and still get skunked now and then, the only ones don't are liars. Have a good one. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain