NY City Reservoirs

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
JoeM

NY City Reservoirs

Post by JoeM »

I'm sure by now that most of you are aware that the upstate reservoirs are closed to fishing (and anything else) for at least the rest of this season. It is especially tough to drive by these Fish Factories and realize that NO ONE can fish them.
Oh well, maybe next year. JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
brendanc

NY City Reservoirs

Post by brendanc »

Hey Joe,

Do you know what the dates are for the reservoirs? Even a rough estimate would be fine...

Thanks,

BC
Brendan C.
**DONOTDELETE**

NY City Reservoirs

Post by **DONOTDELETE** »

FROM WHAT I GATHER THEY ARE CLOSED FOR GOOD!!!THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO POLICE THEM...AFTER ALL THEY ARE THE THE MAIN WATER SUPPLY TO NEW YORK CITY!!!THATS THE REASON WE CANT USE A GAS OR ELECTRIC MOTOR ON THEM!!
SO I GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
JoeM

NY City Reservoirs

Post by JoeM »

Unfortunately, it looks like Roland is right.
Of course, NYC might change their mind about it in April, but I would think that Osama &
all his followers would have to be in chains somewhere to get the reservoirs open.
It's really a shame, because there are some real water wolves in those lakes. I was counting on using them as my own. Retirees will understand that statement. You only fish when the work force is at work. The res's are empty during the week even in Summer.
BC- normally they are open to coincide with the opening of the Trout Season and closed by the last day of Bass Season. It's listed in the book you get from DEC when you renew your license.
Good Luck & Good Fishing. JoeM
Good Fishing,
Biofred

NY City Reservoirs

Post by Biofred »

I have been periodically checking the reservoir situation by going to the website of the New York City Dept. of Environmental Protection. If and when DEP decides to reopen the reservoirs they will almost certainly post the press release on their website. So if you want to be the first to know, here is the place to look:
http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/dep/home.html

I don't have any credible clues as to DEP's longterm plans for the reservoirs.

-Biofred
JoeM

NY City Reservoirs

Post by JoeM »

Biofred- Thanks for your timely update. Do us a favor if you do get further info; post whatever you find out. That goes for any rumors or other scuttlebutt also. After all, what is a message board without varying reports? That's how we shake the truth out of all the different dialogue.

Keep posting. We appreciate it.
Good Fishing. JoeM
Good Fishing,