NYC Reservoirs Revisited

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
JoeM

NYC Reservoirs Revisited

Post by JoeM »

The story I've heard is that the Reservoirs are alive and ready to be fished. I also hear that my "lifetime" permit is no longer valid and must be replaced by a new short-term permit.
Now, let's hear from our resident expert in this matter. Anyone want to tackle this subject?
JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
robk

NYC Reservoirs Revisited

Post by robk »

Joe,

The two sites below have all the details regarding the new regulations. In short, all permits issued prior to 2002 are no longer valid. A new permit must be applied for and must be picked up in person. No fees are associated with this permit.
http://nyc.gov/html/dep/html/ruleregs/wsrecreation.html
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwm ... 4cnyc.html
JoeMo

NYC Reservoirs Revisited

Post by JoeMo »

rob- (Let's make that Rob!)
The site that worked for me was the first one which was NYC DEP which manages the res areas
for the City.
I was able to download 2 copies of the permit application for my Wife and I. We sent them off later that day. I'm told in about 3 weeks they (DEP) will notify us to go to the DEP Police Station nearest my home (You get to select which one on the application) We will go to the Mahopac Station.
Surprisingly, you don't need those dumb little photos that we used to get in Coney Island. When you show up to get your permit
you must have govt.-issued picture ID. (Auto
driver license, passport, etc.)
Permit is good for 5 years. Lifetime permits are NG.
Oh yes, and you don't have to show a NY State Fishing license when you pick up the permit. Just be sure that you have one when the warden asks for it and you have fish on the stringer!
Rob, thanks for posting the site address.
Good Fishing, JoeMo Moderator
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator