Stick Marsh Farm 13 Catching Report

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
Hugh Crumpler

Post by Hugh Crumpler »

Cc: ; ; ; ; "Steve Collins" ; ; "FlyHatch.com"
Subject: Stick Marsh & Farm 13 Catching Report
Date: Sunday, June 16, 2002 7:13 PM

The water level at Stick Marsh & Farm 13 remains at high levels. The recent rains have raised the level of the two lakes to back where the levels were about a month ago. It is easy to traverse the lakes for those who are familiar. Caution is always important.

Catching at Stick Marsh and Farm 13 is excellent. Thirty bass a day should be an average. The old canals in Farm 13 and the old roads in Farm 13 are holding good numbers and size of bass. The choice is the angler's as far as how to catch the bass.

Carolina rigs work. Texas rigs work. Top water lures work. Buzzbaits work. Shallow running crankbaits work. Rattle traps work. The technique is up to the angler.

Hydrilla in Stick Marsh continues to receed. There are some bass to be caught away from the grass and some to be caught in the grass. Search until you find one bass and then work the area good- there are more!

Today, Fathers Day, I arrived at the lake in time to make my first cast at 8:48- that produced my first bass. Several more and I left the running water at the pumping station. There was one bass to be had in the spillway area. More were there- I just was looking to check on my pets to see how they were behaving and if they moved or not.

Before leaving I found that a school of really nice bass had moved into one the old summer haunts. Eleven bass between six and eight pounds fell for the action of my BabyBassBoat (3/8 ounce head, Large blade, hot chartruce and hot white skirt). That was a real nice school of bass. They will be there on Tuesday for my next guide trip. Sorry- can't tell- have to keep some secrets for my clients.
Please e-mail Hugh to find out how to save $75 on your next guide trip with Hugh between July 2nd and Oct 31st. e-mail: [email protected]

God Bless You,
Hugh Crumpler III
www.HughCrumpler.Com
[email protected]
321-722-3134
Hugh Crumpler : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Florida
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Hugh- Let us get this straight; your BabyBassBoat is not the secret reserved for your Clients, now is it?
And if it is not, how about describing what they are (a spinnerbait without a doubt) and how productive they are? This may bring up some questions for this board, but that's what the Board is for.
Thanks for posting. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator