Tube Tips

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
dansfishntales

Tube Tips

Post by dansfishntales »

Don't throw away your old tubes. One of my fishing buddies, John Francisco, came up with a great idea. He cuts his old tubes, that are still in fair condition, lengthwise. This gives him two trailer for spoons (such as Silver Minnow or Pop's Topwater), spinnerbaits and jigs. You should see the great action when swimming behind a spoon.

I use my old tubes as jig trailers. By using a Ninja "keeper shank" jig, and/or Fishin' glue to hold it in place, I thread the tube completely up the shank, and have the skirted portion dancing around in the jig's skirt. This trick bailed me out on a TV show once.
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
d.mcgarry

Tube Tips

Post by d.mcgarry »

Dan, I throw everthing away when the day is done, tubes and jigs pigs are discarded with all the other plastics I use (or given to kids at the ramp) however I found a use for old tubes that works great (it was not my idea, but a good idea is where you find it) take the middle part and cut it with a sissor and slide it over the middle of a SENKO that you are using wacky style and you now have a stronger less tear resistant worm. Good Bassin' Dan
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
jeffohioteam1

Tube Tips

Post by jeffohioteam1 »

Here is another good tip with tubes, thread a 5 inch grub on your tube head before you put your tube on, then put the tube on over the grub and use this as a swim bait. Just slowly reel the bait so that it is ticking the bottom, bass love this bait. Also put a craw worm up inside a tube, this makes a great flippin' bait.
Jeff Chudzinski : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Ohio
britchie

Tube Tips

Post by britchie »

Little trick for them tubes. Take a baby brush hog and insert into your favorite tube adds a lot of action and gives it some bulk.
Makes them a little more durable too.
Brian Ritchie : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Kentucky