Fresh Crawfish paste scent-FREE

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
bigjon

Post by bigjon »

I have a problem....Close to twenty years ago I developed a fish scent paste made of 100% real crawfish. A number of B.A.S.S. and
Red Man pros use Bait Bond in their tubes and
on other plastics. Problem is I have not advertised my fish scent and I have a few hundred pounds of crawfish I had shipped in from Louisiana in my freezer. I need the space. If you would like to try a jar, please
email me your mailing address and I will send you some. This is the real McCoy-not a
vegetable oil mix that washes off right after it hits the water or a synthetic chemical gimmick. This is real crawfish that
will stick to your presentation. Just let me
know if you would like to try some. I really
enjoy your posts and the informtaion they
provide. Thank you. John Collins, James Valley Scents, [email protected] , www.jamesvalleycompany.com
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

John- I didn't get back on board here until last weekend and just want you to know we aren't ignoring your post.
One of the problems with using pure crawfish is that some of us remember using chum which is pure in a sense that it is usually all the same species of bait and then "homogenized" so to speak.
I guess I'd like to hear why this formula isn't bait, but is a bait enhancer. Again, I'm trying to understand it. In fact you might want to send me some. Hell, I'll even pay for it so the Boss doesn't accuse me of accepting payola. lol
Let's hear from you. Thanks for posting.
Good Fishing. JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
dansfishntales

Post by dansfishntales »

I've tried John's Bait Bond in the crawfish and bait fish. It seems to work as well as many of the others. Most of the experimenting has been with soft plastic jerk baits and tubes. I've poked the brush inside the tubes, and since I'm using a Stud jerk bait with a hook groove some paste has been smeared in that area. I do the same thing with Kodiak paste, which comes in an injector tube. I don't really see where it is chum, as it isn't thrown into the water on a separate basis. I think once it is used you will see what I mean. Heck, blackberrys have always been a great sent, and I think that is why Mann's Jelly Worms have always been a great producer, and the blackberry scent is cooked into the plastic, which lasts a long, long, long time - longer than the plastic.
Speaking of blackberrys, I wish there was such a paste. Look for a an area where blackberrys are falling into the water, and there are usually fish.
Sorry about getting off the crawfish paste and onto blackberries, but it just hit me.
Until next time, get out on the water, and have a great day of fishing.
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Dan- Thanks for the update. Actually we haven't heard any more from John Collins.
His post was done in early May. John, if you are out there, drop us a line.
Good Fishing, JoeMo Moderator
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator