Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
JoeM

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by JoeM »

If the answer is Yes, go to the following link. Don't forget to scroll down, too. If you think the copy is illegible, it's because it was Japanese and not translated.

Go to: http://www.rapala.co.jp/DT/DT.htm

By the way, DT means "Dives to" and refers to their new Rapala DT-10 and DT-16

Oh, and I have no affiliation with any of this, just interested in new baits. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
JoeM

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by JoeM »

Now, I was sure that there would be some interest in the new DT (Dives To) models.

Still, no one has posted a reply. Maybe we should give some of these lures away.
(Answer below)

C'mon now...........JoeMo

PS- Not on your tintype. If we had one, the first angler to see it would be fishing it
Good Fishing,
ukey28

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by ukey28 »

They look alot like the old bagley's. Maybe they put the weight forward in that deep belly. They scale says they tested them with 14# line. If there's any truth in their advertising this could be a real good lure. I still love the DD series in gold.
Ukey 28
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
JoeM

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by JoeM »

Frank- I was waiting for someone to see kind of what I did when I first came upon this link.

The 14 lb. line is probably the heaviest to get the baits as deep as they advertise. I like them, too. It does resemble Bagleys.
I have to have at least one. You too?

Much obliged for the post. Have a good Christmas. Joe
Good Fishing,
brianc

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by brianc »

I have 12 of them in my possession and they look real good - Im glad to see that they have extended their line of colors beyond those of the Risto Rap.

Like mentioned above, they are quite similar to the Bagleys of old and hopefully are equally productive - I look forward to putting them through their paces this coming season.

I have pics of all colors on my personal site, http://www.ohiobassangler.com - check them out if you get a chance.
Brian Caudill : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Ohio
JoeM

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by JoeM »

Brian- Just came from your website. Great site. Thanks for posting the DT's. I can't wait to work with them either. They are the kind of baits you tie on all hunched over so Mr. Bass can't see it!

Much obliged. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
Sitndux

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by Sitndux »

Hey Joe,

I attended a Bassmaster University seminar last February, 2002. David Fritts was one of the pros "teaching" (speaking) there. He was telling the audience about his involvement in developing the new Rapala DT. Ha also emphasized the importance of getting the bait down to the correct depth. I'm surprised to see 14# line being used to get the bait this far deep.

One of my biggest problems with crank baits is that I could never find a quality CB that went to a specific depth consistently. I hope the DT will do what it is marketed for and I'm excited about getting a few. Actually I will probably order about a dozen. The problem is that there are not any local retail stores that stock them yet. I avoid Cabelas and Bass Pro. I like to keep my money in town. In fact many retailers in my area have not even heard of them. Those merchants that have heard of these baits are tackle specialty shops that have the serious bass fisherman as their customer. And even they do not have them in yet. I guess I'm asking a bit much since it's only January and the outside temperature here in Omaha is a warm 16 degrees!
http://www.eangler.com/proshop/ seems to have them readily available, however they are asking about a buck more than Cabelas. I may get inpatient and just order from Cabelas.

Can't wait to get a hold of them.

Tight lines -
Rick Ugaz
JoeM

Wanna see Rapala DT's?

Post by JoeM »

Go get 'em, Rick. Everyone seems to be anxious to get them. That is not unusual for Rapala to bring on that condition. In their ads, they have talked about there being a lot more anglers than available Rapalas. Not bad if you can convince fishermen to buy based on that logic.

Have to say, their baits are good. Thanks for posting. much obliged.
Good Fishing,