THE WALKING WORM

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
LGBASS20LB

THE WALKING WORM

Post by LGBASS20LB »

I was watching a show on the outdoor network and it was early in the morining. It was a paid advertisement for a new soft plastic worm called the "walking worm". it is rigged on a special weight and it lands it the perfect position every time. it has a coil action that when it sits still, it coils up like a real worm. it takes the walking worm 10 seconds to coil. They put it in the water next to 3 regular soft plastic worms and the bass in the video took the walking worm every time!!! Is this deception at it' finest or does this thing really work??? It costs 30$ for 50 walking worms in 6 colors, 6 of the special weights and some line. If anyone has heard of it and tried it, let me know and tell me about it. Thanks
The best luck and the BIGGEST BASS!!!!!
lkgfisherman

THE WALKING WORM

Post by lkgfisherman »

Tried it as a gift from a friend. Didn't work but maybe i just didn't have the confidence.
J.T.
britchie

THE WALKING WORM

Post by britchie »

Cole I too was a sucker for the Walking Worms.
I saw an add in a Mag. about a year ago and I just had to have em.
I have caught bedding fish on them but the key to any lure is confidence.
You got to keep em tied on and keep chunkin and windin any lure to catch fish on them.
But I will say that all those infomercials are designed to catch more fisherman than fish.
If you really want to try them, you can get em at Bass Pro for half the price.
Brian Ritchie : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Kentucky
LGBASS20LB

THE WALKING WORM

Post by LGBASS20LB »

i might just have to try them if i can get em 1/2 off. Yeah confidence is important in any lure u fish. I try to have as much confidence as i can, even if i dont catch fish, I and probably all of you have fun doing it no matter. That walking Worm might be worth a shot though. Thanks for the tips.
JoeM

THE WALKING WORM

Post by JoeM »

Cole- The guys are right. Buying from an Infomercial isn't the most inexpensive way to obtain these rascals.

By the way, Berkley has a worm product with a similar tail. I received a few samples last year, but never got to try them.

Thanks for posting, Cole. And thanks to JT and Brian for their comments. Much obliged, fellas. Joe
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
MPJBASS

THE WALKING WORM

Post by MPJBASS »

Cole,
I got hooked along with others out there onthe walking worm and I must say that I did catch more fish last year in the tournaments off that more than any other plastics I threw. However, I wouldn't really scream that it is absolutely everything they say on the commercials.
I met a really nice tracker pro staff member during a tournament last october at table rock lake, mo and the subject of info-mercials came up. Bottom line from a real pro "infomercials are there to do nothing but take your money.....period". Some company asked him and his partner to do a commercial and they had him on the boat ramp...out of the water...pretending to fish while someone was out there grabbing the end of his line and giving it a good tug! haha
But I would not discourage someone from using anything they wanted to. I have tried it and have caught fish...nothing to brag about, but caught fish. I would check around your local area at the "mom and pop" bait shops and see if they sell the set there...It is considerably much cheaper than the TV.
GOOD LUCK,
FISH, EAT, SLEEP....................PJ
LGBASS20LB

THE WALKING WORM

Post by LGBASS20LB »

i just went to a shop( Phillips bait and tackle) and they do sell the walking worm, it is 6$ for 8 of em. I didnt buy it, instead i bought a storm topwater chug bug in a color called hot frog. Well, i think im gonna stick to regular worms, they work just as well i guess. THANKS
6.54BASS

THE WALKING WORM

Post by 6.54BASS »

Cole, for that kind of money, I think I would go for the Senkos...They have a more proven track record. Again, it all comes down to confidence, if you feel like you are going to catch fish, you will concentrate harder, and probably catch more fish. Good luck and keep thinking, knowledge IS power.
Bryan Hinton

LGBASS20LB

THE WALKING WORM

Post by LGBASS20LB »

yes i've heard of the senkos but im not sure how to fish them. Do u fish them like drop-shot or what?? can u tell me about them??? THANKS
The St.Croix Legend

THE WALKING WORM

Post by The St.Croix Legend »

I have tried them as well, I don't use them as much as I should but I have caught some smallies on them. They look really deadly in the water. They do work well on bedding fish as one posted earlier.
Take a kid fishing
Dennis King
My Home Page: http://www.kingtime.tk/