shaky head fishing?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
bassin butch

shaky head fishing?

Post by bassin butch »

Any of you use the technique of shaky heads?
Seems like many pros are using this, I cant see any way I could use these as most of my lakes are thick with weeds. Looks to be best suited for rock or sand bottoms.

Bassin
Butch
johnnie crain outdoors

shaky head fishing?

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Butch, shakey heads do work in weeds but you have to find open pockets and flip the bait in-shake it a few times then start all over. Shakey heads are good most everywhere else and can be swam. jigged or vertically fished, especially around deep water boat docks etc. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
brendanc

shaky head fishing?

Post by brendanc »

Butch,

I like what Johnnie said about pitching it into holes in the weeds. Another thing to consider is that you need to treat the shakyhead like a Texas Rigged worm if you are fishing in heavy weeds... make sure that the hook is completely burried in the worm and NOT exposed at all.

Although, there are times when fishing an exposed hook (a "Jig Worm" as the Linder Bros call it) on the deep outside weed edge and ripping it out of the weeds that can be a very deadly technique. It is takes some getting used to, but it can be well worth the effort.

I hope this helps a bit?

BC
Brendan C.