Gulp Alive Minnows

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
dansfishntales

Gulp Alive Minnows

Post by dansfishntales »

Berkley recently sent me a bucket of minnows, or so I first thought. It is their new bait that comes in a bucket full of liquid Gulp, in which there are Gulp Alive Minnows. I have the 3-inch size.
My first time out was a great success. I was fishing on a lake where fish were not hitting well. I rigged a Gulp Minnow on a white Gripper Hair-Rubber Bass Jig, and within the first 10 minutes I had a fish in the boat. I fished it for about 3 hours, and caught 10 bass, and lost 3 more up to 6 pounds. I plan on doing further testing before giving a complete approval, and other rigs before writng an article.
If any of you have had any experience with these stinky little devils let me know. If not, you may want to give them a try. I think they would be excellent on a floating jig head, drop shot rig, and plain jig head, but again, I will need to test this out first.
Best of fishing,
Dan
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
brendanc

Gulp Alive Minnows

Post by brendanc »

Hi Dan,

Glad to see that you are back, haven't seen you around in a long time. Your insight has been missed around here.

Here are some photos of the Gulp Alive Minnow in case anyone was wondering what they look like:

Brendan C.
johnnie crain outdoors

Gulp Alive Minnows

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Dan and Brendan, I have been testing the Gulp Alive Minnows as well, but mine are different, they actually look like a minnow with a split tail. I let some kids use them at a recent fishing derby and they caught bass and redear sunfish on them on plain hooks and split shot rigs. I use them as spinnerbait trailers as well with some success. Mine come in a little plastic bucket with a handle which can be re-used for various other things. Pretty good product I think. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain