murky water

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
slyguy1

murky water

Post by slyguy1 »

I need help on fishing for bass in murky water. I need to kno were to find them and if there is any recommended bait for bass [email protected]
JoeMo

murky water

Post by JoeMo »

Slyguy- You may want to take a look on the "Ask the Pro Staff" Board. The post is named "Coffee-colored Water" dated May 20th. It covers some of the same information with responses from some of our Pro Staffers.
By another day or so, some answers specifically to you will probably be available.
Hang in there and thanks for posting.
Good Fishing, JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator
britchie

murky water

Post by britchie »

Slyguy, there are several different situations in which you can catch fish in muddy water. First of all the water temp plays the biggest part. One thing to keep in mind is that muddy water warms faster than clear water. So early in the spring the baitfish will seek out the warmest water and in return the bass will follow. Muddy conditions, 55 degree water temp and below, virtually impossibly to catch fish but it can be done.
Now once that temp rises the fish really don't care that the water is muddy, their ready to move to shallow water to get ready for the spawn. They will stay in the 5 feet and less range through the spawn and until the temp rises above 75 degrees. With muddy conditions the fish will be tight to cover and in my book easier to catch. This is where your pitchin and flippin techniques will need to be in A-one shape. For your selection of baits, I prefer a jig&pig black&blue, Venom Mag tube in black-red flake, or if you see some shad flippin around try a 1/4 or 1/2oz tandem willow leaf spinnerbait. Fish every visibly piece of cover you come to and fish it slow. When you think your fishing slow enough then slow down some more. Hope this helps you out.

Brian Ritchie : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Kentucky
JoeMo

murky water

Post by JoeMo »

Brian- Thank you for your post. Excellent anaysis.
Slyguy, give it a try and keep us posted on the results. That's why this Board is here.
Good Fishing, JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator