Your favorite fish......

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
johnnie crain outdoors

Your favorite fish......

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Has to walleye for me, although I do ice fish, I much prefer open water, I just love to cast. Walleye aren't the greatest fighters, but they do get big here in the Miss. river and will bite all winter, of course they taste great too, but I'm into catch and release, often, before I even see the fish. Bass #1-walleye #2. Johnnie Crain Iowa Pro Staff.
Johnnie Crain
JT_BAGWELL

Your favorite fish......

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

My number 2 fish would have to be the Muskie. The fish are just down right mean. I have seen the come 3 feet out of the water to blast a jig dangling on the end of a rod. I caught one a while back that 40" had a 13" bass in it mouth.

The only negative to these fish is they are slimy and nasty.

Jeremiah T. Bagwell
Jeremiah Bagwell : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
dansfishntales

Your favorite fish......

Post by dansfishntales »

This is a tough one. I have a lot of second favorites.
First, would be the striped bass family (white, hybrid, striper, yellow). They are extremely hard hitting and fighting fish, and when schooled the action is fast and furious.

Second, is trout. They leap, and fight in all different directions. Plus, there is a great added benefit of having beautiful scenry when wading, or floating, a crystal clear stream or river, such as the White River in the Ozark Mountain area of Arkansas.

Third, would be during the ice fishing season, and that would be a combination of bluegill and crappie. I fish a straight line, without a float. This keeps my feel and line watching abilities in full gear to be ready for fishing jigs and soft plastics for bass, once the water opens in the spring.

I know there wasn't just one species, but hope I was able to satisfy the reason why.
Dan
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
Scott Johnson

Your favorite fish......

Post by Scott Johnson »

Joemo,good question I may take a beating on this one but a nice big channel cat fish for me. We go at nite and use spinning rods and with live bait set the drags super loose , the old michtell 300 hundreds work the best when that drag goes out it screams and you never really know how big it is until you get em in. Got to love Mr. whiskers. Scott
Scott Johnson : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Pennsylvania
6.54BASS

Your favorite fish......

Post by 6.54BASS »

Hmmm...Too bad we had to stay away from the Ocean, Barn door Alaskan Halibut...OK, i'm back...Out west where I originate (Oregon), we have some pretty big trout in some of the lakes, but, all in all I would have to go with the Crappie as well.

Bryan
Bryan Hinton

johnnie crain outdoors

Your favorite fish......

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Scott, it's probably me that will take the beating over catfish, these good ole Iowa anglers take their catfishing serious. Thay consider them game fish. I'll still stick with walleye, but a big channel cat will test your resolve, especially in current. Good posts gentlemen. Johnnie Crain Iowa Pro Staff. A little surprized no one opted for white bass, they fight hard and get good sized. Maybe most folks feel they are bass, which they truthfully are.
Johnnie Crain
dansfishntales

Your favorite fish......

Post by dansfishntales »

Johnnie,
Look back to my reply. You will notice I listed the complete striped bass family, including the white bass.

Of course, I listed a few others - couldn't hold to just one - you know how I am.

Guess you are too used to hearing me talk.
Dan
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois