fishing partner

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
rock

fishing partner

Post by rock »

I am very new to bass fishing and was looking for someone to go fishing with. I live on the north side of indianapolis and am a novice at the sport.
dansfishntales

fishing partner

Post by dansfishntales »

Rock,
Nice to see someone starting the sport, and we in the Bassin' USA Pro Staff will try to help you out with any of your questions.

Unfortunately you are out of my area, so we can't go fishing - anyway it will be ice fishing shortly in this area, although I am still catching some bass slow and deep.

Anyway for your quesiton, I'll answer with another question. Have you tried joining any clubs? There are several types, and not just bass clubs. For example, I am a member of the Rock Island Conservation Club. We have three lakes, two of which accommidate bass boats. There are anglers of every experience level in this club. Several private fishing clubs are available across the country, which have access to lakes. As for bass clubs, find out which ones lean towards beginners. A lot of family type bass organizations, such as affiliated with FOCAS are a great place to start. These usually have members at every level of expertise. This is how I ran my own organization call Bass Wranglers, which taught one member well enough that he eventually went on to qualify for the Midwest Bass Association Year-End Classic.

These are the best types of organizations through which to meet good partners. Make friends first, and then see if there is a person with whom you hit it off. There is nothing worse than going out with a bad partner. A bad experience, as with anything else, can turn you against what you were wanting to achieve. Find someone who is willing to teach and help you catch some fish, and not just show you how he can catch all the fish in front of you.

It always disappoints me when I take someone out who is just starting, and they don't catch fish. Then there are those rewarding days when they catch there first bass, or biggest bass of their life, and you get to stop to take a photo.

Hope you find a good partner, and keep my suggestions in mind.

Again, welcome to Bassin' USA, and ask questions. That is why we are here.

Dan
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
rock

fishing partner

Post by rock »

Dan,
Thanks for the suggestions, I will begin to look for clubs similiar to what you have suggested. Again, thanks so much for the help.
rock
brendanc

fishing partner

Post by brendanc »

Rock,

Check out our "Bass Clubs" section at:
http://www.bassinusa.com/busa/bass_clubs/index.asp

It list out the federation contact information for every state and we have clubs signing up everyday for free web pages. This should get you pointed in the right direction. If you have any more questions, just let us know.

Good Fishing...

BC
Brendan C.