Questions about fishfinders

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I think that you will be really happy with the Lowrance x510c at $499. They are really great units that offer you a lot of options. I have always used Lowrance and have been very happy with my two units. The only problem now is that they are both monocrome... I'm getting jealous of all these guys with color displays and I must say that there are truly some advantages to color.

Let us know what unit you decide to go with.

Brendan
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Capt'n sounds like Brendan hit this one on the head, but pay close attention to the Dual Frequency part. Alot of these graphs will not do real dual frequency's or do not have this built in them or they do but you must buy another transducer to make them work, which cost over 100.00 dollars extra.

The one that I use is the Humminbird 937DF2 it has a transducer that has a 200 Mhz and a 50 Mhz transducer built in and cost about 120.00 dollars and the unit it self well about 1200.00!!

You should be able to find one that has what you are looking for around 500 - 600 dollars. Search and find which model you want then search the internet for the best price, you will be surprised what you can find. The lowrance model you should look at is the X515C DF it is a true dual frequency model, if that is what you want..

The 200 Mhz is the narrow beam and the 50 mhz is the wide beam, so look carefully at the specs of all you look at some will say it will and some don't even talk about it.. If you look at the bigger Lowrance units it will list them as a Dual 200/50 transducer included.

X515C DF Cost$ 497.00 Internet Price..

* 5.0" (12.7cm) diagonal 16-bit color SolarMax™ TFT display
* High-detail 480V x 480H pixel resolution
* Wide viewing angles in all light conditions
* Fluorescent cold-cathode screen and keypad backlighting
* Multiple color sonar display choices

Performance Features <<

* Depth penetration to 2,500 feet* (760 m) at 50 kHz
* 4,000 watts peak-to-peakpower
**** Dual frequency 200/50 kHz Skimmer®transducer
* Temp/speed/distance readings
* Enhanced sonar data processing
* Adjustable ping speed automatically engages HyperScroll™ for locating fish targets at higher boat speeds
* FlashGraf™ LCD flasher+sonar graph with COLORLINE™
* FasTrack™ vertical flasher bar
* Overlay data
* Standard sonar features - Advanced Signal Processing (ASP™), COLORLINE™, Advanced Fish Symbol I.D.™, FishTrack™, multi-zoom options, sonar alarms, backup memory, and more

Plus<<

* LowranceNET™ networking (NMEA 2000® certification pending)
* Ethernet connectivity for high-speed networking links multiple Lowrance display units and modules to share and independently operate common data, including sonar
* Lowrance radar compatibility
* Back-up memory saves customized settings
* Sealed and waterproof
* Full one-year warranty

Good Luck and hope you can find what you need..
Capt. Don House: Bassin' USA Prostaff : Missouri

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake, Branson Mo.
USCG Licensed and Insured
http://www.bransonfishingguideservice.com

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
**DONOTDELETE**

Post by **DONOTDELETE** »

Hi all and thanks for the info!

Went to Bass Pro Shop and looked at the units they had, more importantly got catalogs from all the major companies so I can take your advice and compare all the specs.

I will post once I make my decesion.

Thanks again!

Capt'n