Who's doing what?

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
MMT

Who's doing what?

Post by MMT »

Two qualifiers left in my club. This season we've already fished 6. I have 4 first place 1 second and 1 third place finish. 23 1/2lbs up on second for Angler of the Year. My partner and I are firing on all cylinders right now.
Craig DeFranzo
brendanc

Who's doing what?

Post by brendanc »

Craig keep up the momentum... you've got this season licked...
Brendan C.
johnnie crain outdoors

Who's doing what?

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Bren, last wednesady I fished the wednesday hawg hunt here on the river,I had the winning fish at 2# 8 oz., but couldn't get back to the weigh in due to motor problems, the event wasw one by one fish weighing 1# nine oz. Yesterday, I went back to the same spot, cast the same lure (firetiger Fat-A) and am pretty sure I caught the same fish, I weighyed in a 2# 8 oz. bass and took first place. Should have been two ina row, but things happen. I'll have to find a different fish next week, we released them into the river proper, no telling where that fish went. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
mofish

Who's doing what?

Post by mofish »

Kelly and I finished 3rd at Eagle Mountain lake and got a check. We finished 15th for the year. That was worst than last year but considering that I missed a tournament the 0 really hurt us in the points.

Two championships to fish in Oct. So I am excited about that. Making that championship is our main goals.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Who's doing what?

Post by brendanc »

Johnnie,

Interesting story. Equipment failure has accounted for 90% of the poor finishes I have had in tournaments. (Thankfully not too many) I can empathize with your situation.

Conley,

Good luck with your upcoming tournaments...
Brendan C.
YAR

Who's doing what?

Post by YAR »

just to let everybody know our own ny pro staffer dan MCgarry won i think his 4th whaley lake night TX in a row. and also put a 7lb 1oz lgmouth on the scale. congrats to dan on a fine job. oh,and i took 4th not to bad. had great company on my boat i had our own joe mo with me that night. joe loved those salsa chips on the ride home.LOL
johnnie crain outdoors

Who's doing what?

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Been fishing Wednesday night tournaments with our bass club, have won the last two, going for a 3 peat. What I've learned that may help anglers who fish river backwaters etc and only have a short time (we fish 3 hours) is I do best by running and gunning individual spots. I have located several isolated logs, a single stump and fallen trees. I fish them very quickly with a Timber Tiger DC 2 crankbait or a Model A Firetiger crankbait. I will always have a jig or worm tied on in case of a missed strike. We are only allowed one fish and the average winner is ususally about four pounds, mostly a little less. Run and Gun. Johnnie

Johnnie Crain
MMT

Who's doing what?

Post by MMT »

Ray, that is a horse anywhere...but especially the lake that you guys fished. Good job on 4th, how did Joe do? Dan still owes me a Mudbug!!!
Craig DeFranzo
mofish

Who's doing what?

Post by mofish »

I been fishing some Weds. night tournaments here too.
Now here is the problem two years in a row we have had a fish kill problem due to the golden algea. Most of you know that from questions I ask in the past. The lake has a 16" min. length.
Two weeks in a row now no fish have been weighed in. Well I'm getting tiered of it!!!! How in the world would you guy attack this lake.

Its a rive lake long and narrow with tons of boat docks and canals. Not much natral cover due to the lakes age. Grass has starting showing up but the fish are not in it.

Besides going to another lake what do you guys think? I sure would like to unlock somthing here and take advantage of these tough times (and make a little money lol).
Please guys give me some fresh Ideas here mine have all failed me.
Thanks,
Conley Staley