Pro Staffers, I need some help

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
MMT

Post by MMT »

Every year I run a memorial tournament sponsored by my club East Suffolk Bass Anglers in NY. The event raises money for a family Wife ans two young girls) of a man who was killed in a car wreck in 2000. Last year we raised 1000.00 for the family. I get some help from local tackle stores and companies for putting tackle packs together for the field....limited to 20 anglers. Can anyone put me in contact with a few sponsors who may be willing to donate some products for the anglers so everyone goes home happy? I hate to ask but I really appreciate any help.
Craig DeFranzo
JT_BAGWELL

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

Craig,

Does your tournament receive any media attention? I understand its a small tournament but sometimes that doesn't matter. The reason I ask is because "most" companies are going to want something in return. I know that isn't the way everything should be, but we know what the truth is.

I will see if I can pull anything off, but I don't know if it is going to be possible.

Good Luck

JT Bagwell
Jeremiah Bagwell : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
Dennis Bligh Jr

Post by Dennis Bligh Jr »

How are you doing craig. I happen to own a tackle company and would be happy to help you out. I can afford to make a small donation at this time. When you have a moment give me a ring at 978-886-1125 and we will work on the details.
I dont need anything in return!!
Massachusetts Pro-Staff
Dennis Bligh Jr.
http://www.Dennisbligh.com
MMT

Post by MMT »

Thanks Dennis. Last year, we got some internet coverage on several sites. Nothing in the local papers but we shot a 5 minute video of the event explaining what it was about and had the weigh in hi lights on it. All donating companies and manufacturers got credit and thank yous for their participation. We also listed them in a letter and on a placque presented to the family commemorating the event. I'm trying to put something together in a local paper this season for it. I got a few banners from donating companies that we put up for the video. We ran the video stream on another site last season and it turned out very nice.
Craig DeFranzo
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Craig,

LIB had a charity tournament last year and NEWSDAY & Channel 12 News both covered the story. You just need to give them a phone call, they are always looking for community stories to run.

Where are you going to have the tournament this year?

Thanks,
BC
Brendan C.
MMT

Post by MMT »

Thanks for the help guys. A special thank you to Dennis from Blazer Baits. I really and grateful for your participation in the event. Thanks again and let me know if I can help you out with the pouring.
Craig DeFranzo
YAR

Post by YAR »

craig, you should give suffolk life a call. the have a outdoor artical every thursday in there paper. it's a small paper that's get's into every home! they always give it a half a page! and it goes to all the homes of suffolk county!
MMT

Post by MMT »

Rayray, do you think they would put in an article on this? Can't play hockey tonight!
Craig DeFranzo