Tournament etiquitte

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
Tubenfool

Tournament etiquitte

Post by Tubenfool »

Sportsman Ship
Last week while I was on Lake Perris in my float tube,
I was metering fish like crazy; when I started chatching a lot of fish a couple of guys in a Bass Tracker came over and pushed me out of my spot. Of course I moved I am not stupid. I was a little pissed but hey it's a big lake and I am recovering from a kidney surgery so who needs the haste. I was off 25 to 300 from them when a couple of other guys floated buy, the guy in the Bass Tracker got really mad, stated yelling for them to move off
I didn't get it, he felt like he owned the lake.
The others guys backed up I even had to move.
The bass tracker moved even closer to the other guys I couldn't figure this out. What we do as sportsmen affects everyone. I seen the guys drinking and I just figured I would stay out of there way. Beside my float tube was no match for that big Bass boat. I think he was a good sport before he brought the boat and joined a bass club; I learned later he was in a tournament and must have been under some pressure. I learned he was from the Hemet Bass Club?
A club I was about to join.
I don't know what to say.

[
Steve
We all should respect the outdoors, respect others, what we do is a reflection of what others think of our sport. We started off just having fun. don't loss the faith.
brendanc

Tournament etiquitte

Post by brendanc »

Tuben...

I posted a reply to this on the other topic. It is a shame when people act like you described. If they were in a tournament and had "Nowhere else to go", they should have at least asked if you minded them fishing the area "with" you.

BC
Brendan C.
mofish

Tournament etiquitte

Post by mofish »

I used to fish out of a two man water spider boat. I know what you are talking about. I feel for you. When they would do that I would just laugh and start splashing the water. It would get their attention and they would usally ask if I was alright and I would just say "I was until you got here" most of the time they got the message.

Oh yea I still caught more fish than they did and I am sure you do too.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
Tubenfool

Tournament etiquitte

Post by Tubenfool »

I seen the post earlyer, Brendan
I hope you got my point, sometimes in the heat of battle of a tournament angles forget there manures, I understand this is how they make a living.
They feel because that is there favorite fishing spot and it is you that should move, no one ever ask me if they could fish along side me, I don't think they see me at all.
If they have a BIG BASS BOAT and they power in.
I do my best not to fish if I know a tournament is going on.
We have so many people on this earth that's just it's just not possible to say I own a specific spot on a public lake.
I have gone out with friends in there boats and they fish the same exact spots or holes I found in my float tube with my own fish finder.
Who's to say who found the spot first?
This world is to share and share alike.
Last time I check God hasn't handed out Titles to wild life.
I don't make a living at fishing, I have terminal cancer,
All I have left to do is fish so I fish every day.
All I am tiring to say is,
I may be sitting in a fellow anglers boat someday when one of our fellow anglers pulls up on my favorite spot.
I wouldn't ever say a thing.
And then the next day he returned and found me
there fishing, and gets so mad he shoots me.
Think about it.
Steve
We all should respect the outdoors, respect others, what we do is a reflection of what others think of our sport. We started off just having fun. don't loss the faith.
Tubenfool

Tournament etiquitte

Post by Tubenfool »

Guys you don't see it or give it a second thought, But I am the little guy, I do see it.
Steve
brendanc

Tournament etiquitte

Post by brendanc »

Steve,

Perhaps messages like the one you posted will help enlighten the anglers who don't stop to look at things from the other person's perspective...

I am sorry to hear that have terminal cancer. At least you have found something that you can still enjoy doing (fishing). Some people just give up on life when they are diagnosed with cancer. Stay strong and keep fighting...
Brendan C.
Tubenfool

Tournament etiquitte

Post by Tubenfool »

Halleluiah! I have my rod and reel that I lost two weeks ago BACK,
Halleluiah! Halleluiah! Halleluiah! you know what I mean.
the soaking didn't hurt it at all.
wow! I am so stoked.
I hired a diver and he went in to the lake today at 7:45 I floated out to the spot I thought I lost it.

he swam out to me and rested a bit then said this is a shot in the dark, don't get your hopes up to high, it could have already been found,

I said we'll just hope for the best and accept what happens.
He dove out of sight I said a prayer and two seconds later my rod came up out of the water.

It looks as good as new.

A very thankful Steve Clark
Steve
Tubenfool

Tournament etiquitte

Post by Tubenfool »

I am sorry I was so excited, my point was it dose pay to buy nice or expensive equipment.
My Japan model Calcutta 100 was 380 dollars, the Phoenix rod was 250 plus.

Fish tremble at the mention of my name

>`•.¸¸´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸>(((º>
.•´¯`•.>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸>
Steve
Tubenfool

Tournament etiquitte

Post by Tubenfool »

Now that I am so happy again, I am thinking of joining a Bass Club.
I am good at fishing, but I don't have a boat.
And then finding that right club.
The one closest to me is Hemit Bass Club.
I would feel like a bumm if I had to depend on someone all the time.
SSN and what little retirement I get isn't eniugh to buy a 10.000.00 boat.
Steve
brendanc

Tournament etiquitte

Post by brendanc »

There's nothing wrong with hitching a ride with someone that already has the big boat. In fact, it can make for some great times out on the water and build new friendships...

Good Luck with whatever you choose to do...
Brendan C.