Attention, Iowa and Illinois Anglers

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
JT_BAGWELL

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

Guys and Gals,

The ABA District #46 website has been updated. You can see the 2004 schedules, tournament results, recent news, member photos and more.

Check it out.

www.QCBassFishing.8k.com

Thanks

JT Bagwell
Jeremiah Bagwell : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Jeremiah,

What do you think of the ABA tournament trial? I have considered fishing in some of their events in Connecticut, but still haven't made up my mind. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, anyone else lurking out there with some feedback on the ABA tournaments would also be greatly appreciated.

Brendan
Brendan C.
JT_BAGWELL

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

Brendan,

I really enjoy fishing ABA. They have tournaments in 39 different states so you can fish everywhere if you want. The cool thing is if I fish 1 tournament in Illinois, 1 in Florida, 1 in Connecticut and 1 in Texas, they all go towards my National standings. You are not limited to fishing a single district.

They also put on a great tournament for their National Championship. Ray Scott was on stage for the final days weigh-in and Earl Bentz (owner of Triton boats) was at the awards banquet.

I really have a good time fishing all over the place with some great people.

If you want the ABA's official website go to:

ABA Website

JT Bagwell
JOE D.

Post by JOE D. »

Brendan,I've been fishing the ABA since 1994,I like the fact I can go anywhere and my points go with me.I fish in three districts about 15/20 tournaments a year.JT is right there national events are frist class,Just remember you don't like the body of water your district is fishing that day,you get to move to one you like. Good Luck JOE D.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the feedback guys. How does their points system work? What I mean is "how many tournaments can qualify towards the nationals and how do they determine which ones count?"
Brendan C.
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Brendan, don't know if JT metioned it or not, but he won the Districts ABA Angler of the Year Award. Hope he enjoys it cause I'm taking it next year. ( If no one else shows up!!) Looking forward to fishing JT's circuit in 2004, good ole Mississippi river and a lake I know pretty well. Should be a real shootin' match. Fun, fun, fun!! Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey... you kids play nice together!!!
Brendan C.
JT_BAGWELL

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

LOL

Johnnie, I am just going to follow you around all the time during practice to find all of your good spots. Then I am going to buy the new Skeeter ZX300 so I can beat you to all of them during the tournament. LOL

Does anyone know how fast that boat goes? It has to be fast with a 300hp V-Max on it.

JT Bagwell
JT_BAGWELL

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

Oh Brendan,
I forgot to answer your question. (It's Johnnie's fault, he side tracked me LOL)

The ABA allows you to fish as many tournaments as you want throughout the year. However only your best 4, single day tournaments and your single best 2 day tournament count towards your standings.

Does that make sense?

JT Bagwell
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hmmm... that's kind of like playing baseball with unlimited strikes... Just keep swinging until you get it right, eh?

Interesting concept...
Brendan C.