CANDLEWOOD AT NIGHT

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
brendanc

CANDLEWOOD AT NIGHT

Post by brendanc »

Joe and I had the opportunity to get out and do some fishing this past Saturday night. We decided to visit Candlewood Lake in CT. If you've never been there at night, you are really missing out on a treat. It's a completely different lake. We arrived around 9:00pm and stayed till 4:00am. Man, there's nothing like big smallmouth, at night on top water! Although the two best fish were taken on jigs (Both caught by Joey). The first lunker was a smallie that was just under 5lbs on a Berkley scale and the second lunker was a largemouth that was pushing 6lbs. Photos were taken and once I finish this role of film, I'll be sure to post the pictures.

I will make this promise to anyone who wants to give Candlewood a shot at night… You will catch more and bigger bass than ANY other time you've been to that lake. Our total for the night was somewhere between 30 – 40 bass, and half of those were 2lbs or better. Give it a shot, you won't regret it!!!
Brendan C.