Tues. Night at Ronk.

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ED F.

Tues. Night at Ronk.

Post by ED F. »

Headed out to Ronk. at about 5PM on Tues. night after hearing that a cold front was coming through. Got there at about 5:45PM and started fishing at about 6PM. Went all the way across the lake to my "favorite" place (imagine, a favorite place on Ronk?) Anyway, the spot I prefer to fish is directly in front of the beach near the VFW in 6 to 10 feet of water. I imediately found fish stacked up on a drop in 9 feet of water. I threw a jig in their general direction, and after several casts I got a "HUGE" bite! This fish pulled most of my rod into the lake! I tried setting the hook as he took off to the right side of the boat, and just like that..... he was gone! He never showed himself, so I would rather not say how big he may have been, but I think you can feel my pain! That's two monsters lost in just three days for me! (The other was at Hither Hills two minutes before the weigh in.) My jig got water-logged the rest of the night, never getting another bite! I threw a tube into areas where loads of baitfish were jumping out of the water, and still nothing! I fish Ronk. quite often, and sometimes one bite is all you get! That's not bad considering most of the time you get none! Another missed opportunity!