Great Pond "still GREAT!"

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ED F.

Post by ED F. »

Went out to Great Pond with Steve Socko on Friday. My first trip to the pond in about two years. The ramp was a mess, the water was way down, but the fishing was incredible! Together, Steve and I caught 8 bass for a combined weight of 25 to 30 pounds! The largest was caught by Steve, and was a close "Mr. Bass" entry! On two different hand-held digital scales the fish weighed in at 6 pounds! Steve thought about getting it certified, but wanted to avoid killing the beautiful bass so it went back into the pond to grow! The rest of the fish were all nice ones, not a single fish under 2 pounds!

brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Hey Ed,

Here's one I found from earlier this spring, also caught at great...

Brendan C.
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

BC- Did you send Ed the picture or did it not get into your post?
I'm anxious to see it. There are big fish in that pond. Ask Frank. Or Doc Bartik.
JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
YAR

Post by YAR »

ron and i went to the POND OF GREAT FISH a few weeks ago. we scored 2 bass each all were in the 3 to 4lb class . he caught his on a pumpkin senko. mine were on a blue pearl and blk & slvr flake senko and a white mudbug. they were all shot and fat , like a football
ED F.

Post by ED F. »

Nice fish Brendan! It's amazing that fish like these are so plentiful in such a small body of water! Too bad the parking stinks. Would be a great place for Wednesday night tourneys and cold water series!
PS. "Congrats" on back-to-back Classic wins!
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

Ray- Sounds like you and Ron qualify as the "Senko Twins". It sure is a great bait. Still can't catch one on a Senko in my bathtub, though!
Ed- From what you said, it sounds like BC did it again. Congratulations Boss Man!
How about some commentary as to how you accomplished it? Right, guys? JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator