Champlain

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
ukey28

Champlain

Post by ukey28 »

There's achance I'll be going to Champlain in the next 2 weeks. I'll be at the south end from Fort Ti southward. Anybody got a tip or two for me. Any Info on Bomoseen or St. Catherines would be good too.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
GREGGY

Champlain

Post by GREGGY »

Ukey82 or 28 I'm not sure who you are but I did spend a week on Bomo. in Aug. Big fish. If you like give me a call I'll give you any info I can. Greggy (631) 581-7796
JoeM

Champlain

Post by JoeM »

Greg- Allow BassinUSA to thank you for your contribution to help Ukey when he heads for Champlain later this month.
Apparently it is such a productive body of water, CT is planning to hold its 2-Day tournament there in 2002. The 2-Day Tourney determines the Federation Team. The Eastern Division Fed Championship will also be there next year. Get there while there is still some room. lol JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
ukey28

Champlain

Post by ukey28 »

Champlain around Fort Ti gave up 15 fish in about 5 hours. One Smallie went around 4 lbs. but everything else was on the small side. It was a little rough with the electric motor coming out of the water from the waves, But I did have some action. Bomoseen is a sweet piece of water. I only caught three fish and they came in a rush, One of them weighed five and a quarter and was the strongest largemouth that I have fought in a long time. I had smallmouths following baits at the south end all morning, but getting them to hit was impossible. I can't wait for next year and St. Catherine's!!
Ukey
JoeM

Champlain

Post by JoeM »

Frank- Sounds like you went on a short trip to Heaven. What kind of baits worked best for you? (Not gonna mention Senko, are you?)
Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. JoeM
Good Fishing,
ukey28

Champlain

Post by ukey28 »

On Champlain I fished gold colored Risto raps and Yo-zuri crankbaits. I've been going to gold more and more over the last few years and I'm finding that it catches fish regardless of water color or clarity. On visible targets A large green tube pitched with a 3/16 glider inside and a 4/0 gammie offset. At Bomoseen I fished a white 3/8 double willow slow rolling in weed tops about six feet under the surface and a norman Big N in gold. The big one came on the blade. The smallmoths followed everything that Bass pro shops sells!! Whats a senko?
Ukey
JoeM

Champlain

Post by JoeM »

Good post, Frank. Sounds like they prefer that gold. Earl always wants gold lures, gold blades around Smallies. Look what Mahopac SMB's do to gold Jersey Riggs.
JoeM
Good Fishing,