Candlewood lake

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
d.mcgarry

Candlewood lake

Post by d.mcgarry »

Candy was dandy the last week before the full moon. on Wednesday we saw a few real good Bass and lots of "buck" Smallies. Two Smallies went over four pounds and two largemouths were around three to four. On Friday we had a great day and had two smallies around four with a largemouth around six cuaght by Peter who was fishing with his fater and me. We caught bass on a variety of baits but caught most on a power tube in melon pepper in 2' to 22' of water. Saturday saw me on Hopatcong with a bunch of good largemouths as did Sunday, get out and take advantage of the weather and fish Hopatcong lots of Bass already done spawning and guarding fry. I am using 3" senkos in smoke or watermelon seed. 20 fish days are happening. Good Bassin Dan Bass
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
JoeMo

Candlewood lake

Post by JoeMo »

Dan- Candlewood and Hopatcong. Some guys just dream about this kind of week. You are living proof it can be done.
3" Senkos are a great bait. My Son and his Daughter can attest to that. I sent them out with one piece of advice, "Keep it the Senko in the water. Let it do the work." Now they think it is magic. (I didn't tell them, but it is)
By the way, good report. Keep 'em coming.
Good Fishing, JoeMo Moderator
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator
d.mcgarry

Candlewood lake

Post by d.mcgarry »

Joe, Candy was nothing but trouble this weekend I fished on Sunday lots of Tournaments, but I was on a recon mission, looking for deepwater summer huants and checking areas I had never wet a line. A good day for learning. Not for catching, but any time we learn we have succeeded. fishing should be better this coming weekend and I have another trip scheduled for Friday, if the weather is good we should do well. Good Bassin Dan Bass
chin814

Candlewood lake

Post by chin814 »

yea, that was a great day at Candlewood with a whole bunch of fish and a couple big ones! Dan is highly recommended!!!
JoeMo

Candlewood lake

Post by JoeMo »

Bassinpete- Oh yeah, Dan comes highly recommended. And he doesn't embellish the reports. If he says 40 bass were caught, better believe it!

Incidently, I caught him for this weekend. Good thing. I've been going through withdrawal symptoms since returning from Florida. I only fished one day outside of my lake. That was Forge with my friend Bernie Mitchell.

JoeMo
Good Fishing,
d.mcgarry

Candlewood lake

Post by d.mcgarry »

joe,i fished Forge and Upper mills Sunday with my Son and Dad, we cuaght a nice bunch of Bass on Senkos and Jigs but nothing bigger than 15", big fish were not in the cards and we had ideal weather south wind, easterly and clouds coming into a new moon. A graet time was had by all. I look forward to seeing Saturday and at the meeting. God Bassin dan Bass, Thank you Pete I am glad you had agreat time!!!
JoeMo

Candlewood lake

Post by JoeMo »

Dan- I will be there Saturday. (See yesterday's e-mail)
My Mudbugs are rattling in their cage. Plus all my jigs are looking to partner with my pork pigs. Each one is trying to open the 3700. There is strength in numbers, I tell you.
There is something more to this than just a day on the lake!
See you then. JoeMo
Good Fishing,