North Texas Fishin !

Read reports, exchange information and current conditions for the lakes, ponds & rivers in your area...
udamdan

North Texas Fishin !

Post by udamdan »

There are so many good lakes within 100 miles of DFW ! East Texas lakes are awesome like of course Fork ,Monticello, Bob Sandlin ,Lake Athens, Lake Palistine, Lake of the Pines etc... I'm new to this forum, and I love to fish for Bass ! What the heck are you boy's doing tonite?
I WILL NOT GIVE UP !!! <*)))< udamdan
mofish

North Texas Fishin !

Post by mofish »

udaman,
Welcome to the board I have seen you on the Texas fishing forum and other sites. You are right about the lakes around us here in the Metroplex. I have heard your concerns with Squaw Creek and I am trying everyday in the quest to reopen it. Send me a e-mail some time and I will explain it in more detail to you. [email protected].

We need to get together sometime and do some fishing. What tournaments do you fish around here?

Take care and WELCOME to the Site.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
Hitman

North Texas Fishin !

Post by Hitman »

I am new to the board and noticed that you fish in North Texas. Are you familiar with Cedar Creek lake, and can you offer any pointers for fishing the lake (specific points, creek channels, etc)? I will be fishing in Cedar Creek several times over the next month.
mofish

North Texas Fishin !

Post by mofish »

Hitman,
Sorry it took so long to respond but I been pretty busy around here lately. Cedar Creek is a great lake to fish. I have not personally done all that well there but have had some luck in the Caney Creek area. If you put in at the Caney Creek Boat ramp and go back up the creek there is a line of docks that are really good to fill a limit out on. Spinner baits, cranks and jigs all work really well along these docks. About 20yards out from the docks is a ledge that drops off and it is great for carolina rigging a Watermelon/chart lizard off the drop. One thing that I have learned about the fish there is to fish really slow. Most of the time you wont feel the bite but your line will just start to move off.

The bad thing is every tournament that I have fished on Cedar Creek has been with my wife and the weather was always bad. Cold and Hight winds is not her favorite fishing times and we usually stay there in caney creek most of the day.

If you go under the bridge there are some humps on the right side of the bridge that are good Carlolina rig places too. The first creek past the bridge on the right is also a good spot because of some standing timber in there.

Sorry I can't be more help but these are the only places I've had luck.

Conley
Thanks,
Conley Staley