rockland show

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
YAR

rockland show

Post by YAR »

i just wanted to know how everybody liked the rockland show(expo). give your opion on it. picked up some stuff at a great price.
robk

rockland show

Post by robk »

I thought the show was great. It was the first time I ever attended this type of show.

I got a great deal on a St.Croix rod and Shimano reel. I also learned a tremendous amount about what's on the market. Also, by being able to see and feel everything in one place you can definitley tell the difference in quality of the equipment--please keep in mind that this is coming from someone that is relatively new to fishing. I think I just set myself up, I can hear the comments now-- a beginner and one of his first rods is a St.Croix!!!

Anyway, it was also pretty cool being able to stand three feet away from an uncaged bald eagle and golden owl.
brendanc

rockland show

Post by brendanc »

Hey Ray,

Did you see that Pro (I won't say his name) who gave the last demo on Sunday? I felt bad for the guy. He was back lashing, breaking off lures on alomost every hook set... He even managed to backlash a spinning reel to the point where he had to put it aside and get another rod to use... I would not have liked being in his shoes that day...

Brendan C.
chin814

rockland show

Post by chin814 »

Brendan- that must have been really embarrasing. the kid who was fishing up there was the one who backlashed the spinning reel. at the end, the pro said the kid started reeling backwards when the fish was on. - Pete