P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
bassin butch

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by bassin butch »

I BOUGHT A COUPLE OF SPOOLS OF P-LINE FLOURO-CLEAR IN 10 LB TEST TO TRY. MISSED FISH FROM LINE BREAKAGE, AFTER IT HAPPENED THE 4TH TIME I TOOK IT OFF AND PITCHED IT. I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE LINE KNICKS TO EASY. I HEARD THE SAME COMPLAINT A COUPLE YEARS BACK ABOUT BERKLEY VANISH. IM BACK TO CO-POLYMER LINES AND FISH IN THE BOAT.

BUTCH
britchie

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by britchie »

Amen Butch, I too learnt the hard way. Berkley Vanish cost me a few dollars do to break offs on the hook set. Maybe we set the hook to hard for the fluorocarbon lines, but I'm back to the original P-Line haven't had any trouble since I switched. I guess their are applications for the F.C. but for the small difference between F.C. and Co.P. it's not worth it to me to lose fish. In my book, the worst thing is break offs.
Brian Ritchie : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Kentucky
brendanc

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by brendanc »

In general, I have not been impressed with most of the new lines that have come out. It has gotten to the point where I am not even willing to try something new.

I had heard good things about P-Line, but if something is working for me already, why change? (Man, I sound like a commercial)

Anyways, thanks for the input Butch... we appreciate the "heads up"

BC
Brendan C.
d.mcgarry

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by d.mcgarry »

To all,
I have been using Bagleys Silver thread for a number of years and have been happy with it. I just started using Berkley Vanish about two years ago in light line applications and like it. I also use Spiderwire for my Jig fishing and strictly on Baitcasting gear, I did give another line a chance and I like it as much as Spiderwire and it is less expensive (can not remember the name but Nick Ruiz is sponsored by them). Good Bassin Dan Bass
Dan McGarry : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Frank K SCB

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by Frank K SCB »

I am very impressed with Yamamoto's Sugoi Fluorocarbon Flippin line. I used 12lb test the other day and pulled over 20 Bass out of some nasty shoreline cover. After the first 5 or 6 fish I inspected the line for nicks and abrasions. I didn't find any. At the end of the day I inspected the line again and didn't find any serious problems.
This stuff is expensive but in my opinion it is worth it.
I normally use Cabela's Rip cord SI braided line for this type of fishing which is also vey good.
Frank K.
Frank J. Kavanagh

mailto:[email protected]
paridiseblue

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by paridiseblue »

i too tied flouro carbons. i didn't like any of them, including p-lines. i went back to my 8pound p-line exxxtra strong. no problems ever with this line. it is the best, strongest line i ever have used.
MMT

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by MMT »

I was all set at the beginng of the season with the new Berkely Sensation. I had been hearing great things about it. My first time out was a nightmare with about 5 or 6 breakoffs during the hookset. I pulled the 10lb line through my fingers and it broke. I was really angry because I lost a couple of good fish. I remembered that a Rep had given me a spoll of 8lb Yo Zuri hybrid. I spooled up and didn't lose another fish due to breakage since.....well ok 1. I used to use Super Silver Thread and it is one of the best lines I've ever employed. I just can't put the Yo-Zuri down...I think it is that good!!!
Craig DeFranzo
JoeMo

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by JoeMo »

My friend Mitch uses Vanish Fluorocarbon constantly. He also uses line spray rather liberally. It works for him.

I've fished next to him in the boat for going on to 3 years and only saw him have one real tangle session. And that was in salt water (didn't bother him at all)

I can't use it. It requires too much attention for me to use. I like the KISS system!

MMT- Is that Yo Zuri line pure mono? Or is it a mono hybrid?

JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator
MMT

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by MMT »

It is a mono/flouro hybrid. They call it alloy technology. What this means....I don't know but I'm sold on it big time!! I used to rely on several different lines at once now it is Yo-Zuri and Power Pro braid.
Craig DeFranzo
JoeMo

P-LINE POOR PERFORMANCE

Post by JoeMo »

MMT- I posted a reply, but it went into cyberspace.

What it said was that Yo-Zuri probably will enter my inventory in the next week or so.
With a line that has any fluorocarbon in it, I don't want to wait for the colder water temps to excite the flouro's ability to create bird nests with little or no effort.
(like when I stripped the Vanish off my reel within 10 casts 2 years ago!)

I hope this does for me what it apparently does for you. Be well. JoeMo
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator