Fishing Line?

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
Rodney Birditt

Fishing Line?

Post by Rodney Birditt »

We have talked about lures, reels, poles now what about line? List your favorite pound and who makes. and what lures you like using with what pound.

Rodney Birditt Aka: (Fishhead)
catt951

Fishing Line?

Post by catt951 »

I'm extremely narrow minded when it comes to line, this is your link between you & the fish. I personnaly use Berkley Big Game 15# test on all my reels for all baits. I have never lost a fish due to line failure, maybe due to stupidity. Let me put it to you this way hang up a bait with this line and try to break it off (aint happening). I've read all the adds & comparisons but take your line & big game tie it to something solid then break em. I have tried Berkley Iron Silk lately but haven't use it enough to say anything. This maybe blunt & to the point but on Toledo Bend with all the grass & timber it'll test your line fast. Big Game has pasted every test!
6.54BASS

Fishing Line?

Post by 6.54BASS »

I have tried all types, but, unless i'm chasing Salmon or Halibut in Alaska, I keep going back to Mono of various sizes. I prefer anywhere from 12 to 17 pound and lean towrds Stren.
Bryan Hinton

Don House

Fishing Line?

Post by Don House »

Durning the last few years of fishing on a SuperBass Pro/Am series from the back of the boat I learned more than I could even begin of think of from these Pro's and all of them taught me the same thing, Look at the lake, what is the color of the water, what is the structure your fishing.

In Missouri we have Smithville and Truman Lake both of these lake are Muds/Rock Lakes alot of dirty water and trees, At those lakes I will go for my goat rope Berkley Big Game 20 Pound mono green.

Next we have Lake of the Ozarks cleaner lake but alot of docks and cables you need some power to lift those fish out and over the cables on docks I will go down to 14 - 17 pound P-Line camo color. Water color is more what I call Tea green color.

And Last but not least, My Personal Favorite Table Rock Lake, Clear as drinking water, visablity around 5-15 ft and even better in the winter. Solid rock lake with pine bushes and alot of underwater trees. So you have to get use to fishing with little line alot!! 6 Pound BPS Mono green and 8 pound BPS mono green on my crankbait rods and that is it.

One time a good friend of mine who is a guide on table rock took me out fishing one day, he was out fishing me 4-1. I was using a 12 pound line water was very clear. He gave me a spool of 6 pound Bass Pro Shops mono green line, after respooling the second cast 3 pound spot and the rest just got better.

Brands I feel don't really matter there all good, just pay attention to what you are fishing and try out different sizes in different conditions, it does make a difference.. Sorry for the long winded rambling sometimes I just get all excited about this stuff. Good Fishing

EAT SLEEP FISH
Don House
JT_BAGWELL

Fishing Line?

Post by JT_BAGWELL »

I have always used Berkley Trilene XT and Big Game. I use 12-14 pound test XT for most everything except jigs and carolina rigs. For them I use 20 pound Big Game Hi-Vis. I did have a lot of trouble with the 20 pound big game this year though. Anytime I left the line on my reel for more than a week or two it was like a giant spring whenever I would cast. The problem wasn't major unless I was pitching an 1/8 or 1/16 ounce Jig. Then I couldn't feel the bait.

I might be switching over to Maxima for all of my Monofilament for the 2003 season.

My advice would be if you don't have a line sponsor don't be closed to other possibilities,try everything there is until you find the line that suites you best.
Jeremiah Bagwell : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
YAR

Fishing Line?

Post by YAR »

i also use trilene xt and big game for all of my fishing needs. all in low vis green in all waters(clear or stained! 8-10lb in xt and 12-20 lb in bg. never broke a fish of yet in the last 2yr since i used this combo in fishing line. 8-10lb is tubes,finess worms,senkos,grubs,and flukes. 12-20lb is for txrigged worms, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, topwater and jigs.hope this helped. but remember always check your line after each fish and retie when needed or you well brake off fish no matter what line you use!!!!
MMT

Fishing Line?

Post by MMT »

Yo Zuri Hybrid!!!!! I prefer 8lb test. It over tests a bit.
Craig DeFranzo
midwest

Fishing Line?

Post by midwest »

I tend to stick with Berkley XL and XT for most of my fishing. I have used BPS for my farm pond rods and have caught large fish without a problem. I was given two spools of a new line that will be on the market 2003 (can't give you a name because it is out in the boat) and was gauranteed I would love it. Will test and let you know.
Mike Gress - Bassin' USA Prostaff: Nebraska
BassTournaments

Fishing Line?

Post by BassTournaments »

I would have to say ... Maxima Line.

I have used this line for two years now. It's a great line with some serious power.
Clif Gallagher
>
http://www.utbass.com
Rodney Birditt

Fishing Line?

Post by Rodney Birditt »

Keep the comments coming gentlemen. Now this is an awsome web site. Where on the internet can you put messages up and get so much input within hours of posting 5 STARS to Bassin' USA.

Your Friendly Fisherman'
Fishhead.......