Okuma Spinning Reels

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
BassTournaments

Okuma Spinning Reels

Post by BassTournaments »

10 Ballbearings and bad-to-the-bone. Has anyone used these?
Clif Gallagher
>
http://www.utbass.com
Roger Spaulding

Okuma Spinning Reels

Post by Roger Spaulding »

Clif,

I haven't used the reel, but found a pretty good article about the Okuma reel at www.tfbass.com Click on products and scroll down til you see Okuma. Hope this helps.

Roger Spaulding
ProStaff Indiana
Roger Spaulding : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Indiana
brendanc

Okuma Spinning Reels

Post by brendanc »

Clif,

I own and Okuma reel. The first time I picked it up in the store, I couldn't believe how smooth and solid it felt.

I did encounter a re-occurring problem with my model though (forgive me that I don't have the model# handy). Mine has a collapsible handle for storage and the first time I was out fishing with it (during a tournament), I hooked into a chunky largemouth about 3 1/2 lbs and while fighting the fish, the push button on the reel handle exploded and then I had a real problem trying to get that fish to the boat.

I returned the reel to the store where it was purchased and the handle was quickly replaced.

Then about one week later (during another tournament), the same thing happened again. I again was given a new handle from the store I purchased the reel from.

2 weeks later during a practice day, I decided to give the reel one last chance... have you heard the saying "Three times is a charm"? Well for me it was "Three times was the limit". That Okuma is now sitting at the bottom of the lake were it broke for the 3rd and final time...

Like I said, "I don't have the model number".

On the other hand, I have heard all kinds of good things about these reels from other fishermen. Hopefully my experience was just from a defective handle from perhaps just that one model.

And that's my 2 cents...

BC
Brendan C.