Senko's Good As Gold!

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
Fishnj

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by Fishnj »

I must say i was nervious about starting to use soft baits. However these senkos give even the worst guy/gal a fighting chance at catching some bass while learning. My season had been so-so as i got a late start after an extended trout season here in new jersey. But i read about them on here and a few other spots as well as spoke with some locals and bamn season is expoloding! even in this 100 degree heat during mid day. I have been tx riging them and working them along the banks tight to cover or on top of the cover exp where it has been blown in by wind and im landing them left and right! Gotta love it!!!! Any and all Senko tips tricks would be helpful fire away! I use the 4" ones as they work well in my area.
Capn jack duggins

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by Capn jack duggins »

The less you make the Senko do, the more you catch fish. I like to park over 8 to 18 feet of waterand just toss one out, then I pick up a homemade cookie and start munching.

Works for this guide!
Happiness Is a Smallmouth On a Stiff Rod

Cap'n Jack Duggins
Master Maine Guide
http://www.MainelySmallmouth.com
natasfonik

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by natasfonik »

I have had a lot of luck fishing 4" senko's
wacky rigged with a weedless 4.0 hook it seems to work really well in the heat of the day but letting them sit with a little twitch every so often seems to do wonders but it also has cost me alot of money because the worm only survives one or two fish
bass master/colo.
nice to be here please rate me
thanks for all your posts
Fishnj

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by Fishnj »

I must say even after i posted they are as good as gold i may be changing my mind. I have been fishing these hard for the last few weeks and yes there is no doubt that they land fish however i'm going broke off buying them. I can't more then one maybe two lmb's on one of these guys with out them falling apart. somewhat disapointing considering how great they work. If only he could find a way to make them tougher he would be golden till then its a toss up. But i think i may be trying some knock offs! Saw some on eba_ for pretty cheap bags of 50 for like $10-$15 i guess time will tell
bitenbass

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by bitenbass »

check our senko/stiks out!

They are awesome and cheaper...

we sell them in bilk packs too!

3.25 for 10 count and 4.75 for a 24 pack!!
www.geocities.com/bitenbass

Dave

Bite N Bass
Bite N Bass
FireFighter28

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by FireFighter28 »

hey guys, how do you bait a senko, new to senkos, so thought id ask thanks
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

I'm going to try and respond to each question in this one post (bear with me):

1) Alter-Senkos

Strike King's 3x ZERO (This is the one to solve your problem with going broke, it is a 3x version of the Senko. If you are not familiar with 3x technology, it is extremely soft, and you can stretch is a mile without it breaking. They last for a really long time... you can fish all day with one, assuming it is not swallowed or broken off. Best part, the price: $2.99 for 6 count. I know that Senkos come in a 10 count, but you'll only need 6 Zeros.)

Other "Productive" replicas (I say this because there are a lot of imitations that do not produce as well)

Bass Pro Shops® Tournament Series® Stik-O™ Soft Plastic Jerkbait

The Yum Dinger

2) Tip for Senkos

Inserting a nail or a glass rattle in the head of the Senko and then wacky rigging it on a hook will give you the best of both worlds. When the Senko is falling, it will dive nose first (like a texas rig), however, if you want to work it, as soon as you pull the line, it goes right into its wacky action.

Nail Inserts:

Glass Rattle:

Rigging: (This is for FireFighter and anyone else looking for general rigging information)

"Wacky Rig" (aka: Jersey Rig)

Only insert one nail at one end to get the results I was describing above.

"Texas Rig"

"Drop Shot Senko" (3" or 4" Senko)

"Carolina Rigged Senko"

(obviously substitute the senko for the worm or lizard)

"Mojo Rig Senko"

Brendan C.
George Cawthorn

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by George Cawthorn »

Man, all this discussion of the Senko is making me want to grab my gear and go fishing. The Senko is one of my favorite baits and it can be fished so many ways too.

My favorite way is T-rigged weightless. Let sink on totally slack line. Rest on the bottom for a while and then swim back jerkbait style. With gentle soft jerks and slack line in between jerks.

I love the feeling when the bass hit it on the swim, they usually really slam it.

I like the 5" size the best and bass will hit it from small ones to lunkers, night or day.

Besides the Yamamoto Senkos, I have also tried the Kinami Freshwater Series and although made by the same company they are just a tad thinner and come in some nice translucent colors. I did well with the madmelon color in Kinami.

Tried the Bass Pro Shops tournament series Stick-O and got some good bites with those... they seemed to be a little harder than the Yamamotos. Got bit good on cinnamon purple flake.

One of the largest bass I've ever caught was on the Yamamoto Senko daquri holographic flake at dusk. That daquuri holographic seems to work well at night. Done well with watermelon and smoke colors during the day.

Good fishing to ya, later....... geobass
FireFighter28

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by FireFighter28 »

so what colors would you suggest for murky water
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

Hands down, the Two Tone Senko's in either color 542, 543 or 913. The chartruese tip is the key and is deadly in murky water... "DEADLY"!

Brendan C.