Senko's Good As Gold!

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
FireFighter28

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by FireFighter28 »

Sweet, thanks Brendan, going out this weekend and have been excited to try out a senko with some spray scent. now im even more amped up. Thanks Brendan
FireFighter28

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by FireFighter28 »

One more question, as far as the nail weights go, do they sell those or is it literally just a nail.
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

They sell them in many places. Bass Pro Shops sells them for $1.79 per 25 pack. Not bad, but you have to pay shipping. I just go down to the local hardware store and pick up a box of nails with ribs on them (helps keep the nail inside the bait better). If you have ever seen the kind of nails they use to put up asbestos shingles, you'll know which ones I mean.

Lunker City makes a nice one:

You can buy them from Tackle Warehouse
Link to Lunker CIty Nail Weight at Tackle Warehouse

Link to Nail Weights at BPS

Hope this helps...
Brendan C.
FireFighter28

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by FireFighter28 »

Helped a lot, yeah I was looking on the internet and couldnt find anything, so ill prolly just go to ace or something. thanks again Brendan
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

No problem... post some pitures when you connect with the new rig!
Brendan C.
traffic12

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by traffic12 »

on the Potomac i use baby bass or smoke with black flake...works good!!
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

baby bass has been a hot color this year in the northeast...
Brendan C.
MbBass

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by MbBass »

I went to bass pro and saw the price and said what the heck. I bought a pack of pink/green-trout.They feel real grainy when you sqeeze them with your finger tips.But man oooooh man has the action gotten crazy fishing with those 4" senkos.I have caught and released 27 bass in 3 days with 2 hours of fishing each day.
Now that little guy makes fishing so fun.I fish them weightless with a 2/o red hook.I fish them like that with a baitcasting rig as well and have no problem tossing them where i want to put them. Try to insert the hook barely on the side, this will help it last alot longer i am catching 8 to 10 fish per worm and i just rotate evrytime you land a fish.hope this helps since i cant give to much advice.Good fishing to ya
brendanc

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the input MbBass... and you are right about their price tag, they are not cheap. If you are going to splurge, it's nice to get results!
Brendan C.
jmoyer198484

Senko's Good As Gold!

Post by jmoyer198484 »

hey guys, any special hints 4 fishing deep water with these baits,i have killed largemouth on these baits while fishing shallow and weightless,but what is the best way 2 fish these in the deep water? texas or carolina or something else?
jason moyer