line

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
brettbasspro

line

Post by brettbasspro »

I had just got a new rod/reel its a bill dance reel I do not know what fishing line is best for it. can I get some suggestions Majority Rules
Brett Bassin Pro
Rebbasser

line

Post by Rebbasser »

P-Line Floroclear. Handles like a dream, tough, abrasion resistant-just a great line IMO.
BassFreak

line

Post by BassFreak »

With all the lines available to us now, I try and match the line to techniques I use them for. Maybe if you can give us a few examples of what you intend to use this for, We can give you better suggestions.
The Empty Can Rattles The Most...
johnnie crain outdoors

line

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

For all around fishing give me Stren Clear blue-14# test. Nothing special-but works for spinning or baitcasting. Good luck. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
brendanc

line

Post by brendanc »

Hi Brett,

I think what everyone is trying to say is that they want to give you the best recommendation possible. In order to do that, we need a little more information.

1) Is this a spinning or bait casting rods/reel setup?

2) Take a look on the side of your new fishing rod. It should tell you what pound test and weight the rod is rated for. Then take a look at your reel, it should match up to your fishing rod specs, but it is always good to confirm.

3) What type of cover to you expect to be fishing mostly (Open water, grass, rocks, etc.)?

4) Do you have some preferred lures in mind that you would like to try?

If you can answer these questions, I think you'll get some really good answers. Thanks for posting... look forward to hearing back from you.

Brendan
Brendan C.
Braddsn

line

Post by Braddsn »

My vote goes for either P-Line, or Sufix Elite. Both great line, VERY strong, low line memory. Guess it really depends on what you are using your rig for.
K-Bye
brendanc

line

Post by brendanc »

Hey Braddsn,

Have you tried the Suffix braid? I just started using it and I must say it is great...

BC
Brendan C.
FireFighter28

line

Post by FireFighter28 »

I personally like P-Line 12lbs. Of course like everyone said, depends, but for spinning reels i love p-line. Low memory, super strong. Awesome line all around. Ive also had good experience with Spiderwire
Roboworm99

line

Post by Roboworm99 »

i have been using the pline fluoroclear forthe past month on my spinning outfit in 4lb...and it casts nice,knot strenght is good, casts pretty well...but...i have got less bites on it...i get more fish including my biggest, a 23 lb carp on a ika on 4lb...its a little stiffer though...for my casting outfits i tend to stay with mono on most i have maxima chameleon or ultragreen...but next year gonna try fluorocarbon on some...oh and on avg i use 8lb test on casting reels
**Ray Charpentier**
Roboworm99

line

Post by Roboworm99 »

updated:

i have been using the pline fluoroclear for the past month on my spinning outfit in 4#...and it casts nice,knot strength is good...but, i have got less bites on it...i get more fish including my biggest, a 23 lb carp on a ika on 4lb berkley vanish...its a little stiffer though...for my casting outfits i tend to stay with mono on most i have maxima chameleon or ultragreen with 8#...but next year gonna try fluorocarbon on some...
**Ray Charpentier**