Feedback on Humminbird® 997c2 SI

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

The buzz on this new unit from Humminbird has caught my attention and I am wondering if anyone out there has purchased one? The side imaging looks amazing and some of the GPS features appear to be very useful. Basically, I am looking for feedback from anyone whoes has used this unit.

Thanks,
BC
Brendan C.
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Brendan, I have one and it is terrific, it does everything it's advertized to do. I really like the side imaging, even in the Mississippi river the shorelines, humps, islands or rock piles show up as what they are. It's easy to read from the driver seat when mounted on the front deck-big size and good images. I haven't had one problem with the unit and everyone who see's mine wants one. I was in the forefreont of testing these units and at first was confused by how to make it do everything, but as usual, I was over-thinking it. Hope you get to try one soon. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Johnnie,

A friend of mine just got one on his new skeeter, so I should have a chance to check it out first hand soon. I appreciate the feedback. It really looks like an amazing tool to add to an angler's bag of tricks...

BC
Brendan C.
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

Brendan, you're going to love it, if you can go to some familiar areas and see what you've been missing. Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Guy's you will love it.. I use mine everyday. I can find things that most people can find. Brush piles and trees stand out like a sore thumb!!! Large groups of bait fish look like clouds and the sideimaging, I use mine to find fish suspended on the inside and under docks on this lake. I can even see fish hanging on dock cables, it's helped me find alot of fish and made my job alot easier everyday.. Ever need help with it drop me an email..

P.S I have some really cool pictures if anyone would like to see them..

Good Fishing

Capt. Don
Capt. Don House: Bassin' USA Prostaff : Missouri

Capt. Don House
Branson Fishing Guide Service
Table Rock Lake, Branson Mo.
USCG Licensed and Insured
http://www.bransonfishingguideservice.com

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Thanks for the feedback Don. If you have pictures, I think everone would like to see them. Please post them when you get a chance.

Brendan
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Brendan, I do not have the access to the file manager as explained in your other posts?? All I see is the poll manager... I'm I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Capt. Don

Attached files

Capt. Don House

Pro Staff for Bassin' USA, G3 Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Humminbird Electronics, Minnkota Trolling motors, Grandt Custom Rods, Center City Marine, JackAll, Ardent Reels and Thunder Struck Jigs
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Geo,

I never turned on the photo option on this board!!!

Look at the post you made before, I added a file to it...

Let me know if you are able to do the same?

THanks,
Brendan
Brendan C.
TableRockGuide

Post by TableRockGuide »

Ok, lets see if this will work.. All of these pictures are of table rock lake.. First is the bridge at Kimberling City this bridge is under about 150 plus feet of water and still standing..

Second, is a large dock on table rock lake, you can see the outline of the dock it self and then all of the bending cables under it. Look for the white looking dots around those cables that is our fish suspended on those cables.

Third picture is the bridge pillar at Kimberling City it will show shad hanging on the bridge and fish right on them.

Let see if this works then we can explain and discuss more..

Don

Attached files

Capt. Don House

brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Looks like you've got posting pictures down without a problem. Those are some really cool shots. So here's the real question, so far, have you been able to convert the fish you have been finding on these structures to fish in the livewell?
Brendan C.