Wednesday November 28th, 2001

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

GEE, THAT REALLY IS A HUGE DROP FROM THE PRIOR TOURNAMENT - I HAD 16LBS 7 OZ IN THAT ONE!!! TALK ABOUT DOING SOMETHING WRONG...
Brendan C.
SMbass

Post by SMbass »

Heres something funny. Brenden and I fished the CT River a few years back for the first time. I told him about this great hole i found in the back of a flat. Tourny day, i ran full speed across the flat (not realizing the tide was so low) and bottomed out the boat. Brenden came up with the great idea of throwing the anchor off the bow, and try pulling the boat across the flat. Only problem was the silt bottom. The anchor made a nice mark in the silt, but never moved the boat. We sat there stuck for the next 4 hours. Wasnt funny at the time, but its a riot now
Tim Carini
ED F.

Post by ED F. »

Funniest time for me had to be during a Wednesday night tourney at Swan Lake. Steve and I thought we were filling the livewell with the pump, but we didn't know that the livewell plug was not in. We kept fishing until we felt our feet getting wet!
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

Did you ever see those funny-looking rock anchors they use up in Lake Ontario, specifically in the Black River. They look like they were designed as a joke. But they work when there is only one small crevice in the rock bottom and you don't wamt to go out to the big lake.
None of us had them, so we would anchor over here and 400 ft later the boat would slow down. JoeM
Good Fishing,
JoeM - Former Message Board Moderator
SMbass

Post by SMbass »

Have a good nite all. This was definately fun. I cant wait to do it again in 2 weeks when I return from Florida. Talk to you all soon.
Tim Carini
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

Tim- I wish you Godspeed. I hope your arms are tired everyday when you need 2 wheelbarrows to carry your Limit to the Weigh-in Scales. Bass Wishes, JoeM
Good Fishing,
chin814

Post by chin814 »

who won that last tournament on Forge?
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

OH, that was the worst day of our tournament lives!!! Here's part II of that story... Tim says that "At least we are blocking the entrance to the hole, so when the tide comes in, we'll be the first guys in there".

It was like 98 degrees out that day and we are now sitting almost completely out of water in Tim Skeeter... We decided to play a game of "Bass Boat baseball". We used a crumpled up cigarette pack as the ball and TIm's 3' oar as the bat. We chose specific areas on the boat for a single, double, triple and home run and even what was considered an out.

Once the tide started coming in, we started getting our heads back into the game hoping that we could get a limit before the tourney ended. Here's the best part... Just when we are about to start to float from the rising water, this Javalin comes race right at us at full speed... The guy was running full throttle- wide open through 6" of water. me and Tim are saying there is no way this guy is going to get around us... he's going to get stuck, but he didn't...

He walked his boat accross that water at about 70 MPH and glided right into the hole in back and we were still stuck in the mudd when he caught his first fish right in frint of us. We had to sit there and watch this guy limit out in about 15 minutes. At that point I thought Tim was going to snap and start shooting the flare gun at him...

Boy was he pissed and so was I... At the time, it really sucked, but now, you're right Tim... It is funny!!!

Nice job driving Buddy!!!

"Yeah, don't worry Brendan, I know how to get in here" LOL

We sucked wind that day... Hey, but that's all part of learning...
Brendan C.
JoeM

Post by JoeM »

Guys- Next time we should post the title:
"AND NOW, LIVE FROM NY, IT"S WED. NIGHT!"
There's nothing like original thinking.
JoeM
BY THE WAY, WHERE IS THE NEXT MOST HUMOROUS THING THAT HAPPENED WHILE FISHING?
Good Fishing,
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Later Tim... give em hell!!!
Brendan C.