Wednesday December 12th, 2001

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
scottb

Post by scottb »

Brendanc--Just logged on site. I'm an avid flyfisher but have not had much experience fishin for bass. Was wondering if this site would be useful for those of us interested in starting bass fishing but are not experienced. Any info would be appreciated
YAR

Post by YAR »

HEY SMBASS WHATS UP , SO TELL US WHAT DID YOU LEARN ON THE LAST TOURNAMENT. ALSO I HEAR YOU ARE GOING TO BE A TV STAR SOON. LOL
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Well... How would I explain it??? One thing I will say is that untill you don't care about getting a backlash, you won't get the hang of it. I use stadard equipment 7' rod, baitcasting reel... I keep that magnetics tighened like you would for pitching, and then add a little more. For me the main focus is on the entrance point... By that I mean where the jig is going to make contact with the water... It has to be swung level with the water surface and you must have the bait start skipping WAY before the target. POWER is super important... it's not a finess things for me... I swing the rod as hard as I can so that bait will skip anywhere from 10 - 15 times before loosing momentum... I'd be happy to show you on the water... How far is Texas from NY? Can you get here tomorrow? LOL (Kidding)
Brendan C.
mofish

Post by mofish »

scottb I would say YES to that I been fishing for bass for the last 12 years and I just learned alot right here tonight. Welcome to the site
Thanks,
Conley Staley
mofish

Post by mofish »

Im off tomarrow so I think I will go out and do nothing but try to skip that dang Jig. thanks bud
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

DOC B? is that really you? LOL Hey man... thanks for stopping in. MO - Scott is a Doctor... not just "a" doctor, but "the" doctor... "The doctor who remove the risto-rap hook from my leg" Thanks again doc!
Brendan C.
**DONOTDELETE**

Post by **DONOTDELETE** »

WELL GUYS GOT TO GO GET SOME SLEEP ..LIKE TIM BEEN WORKING LONG HOURS........C-YA ROLAND
SMbass

Post by SMbass »

Hello ray, the main lesson I learned, is that nice guys finish last. I did what was the "right thing" to do for my partners and it burned me day 2. However, doing the "right thing" day three, which was lettting the leader and eventual winner do his thing, and not compete with him on his fish, gained me alot of respect amongst the full time competitors. It is a very small niche of anglers, and I feel I developed the right image for myself on day threee. Im out of the points race for the next two tournaments, so I will be fishing strictly for money. No more Mr. Nice Guy
Tim Carini
mofish

Post by mofish »

Risto Rap to the LEG! Ouch man that had to hurt!
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

MO - I wish I was off tomorrow... This guy gets to go fishing in the warm weather during the week... Let's all move to TEXAS!!! The bass are bigger there anyways!!!
Brendan C.