Sunday January 13th, 2002

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
New Wave

Post by New Wave »

Brenden, Being a wise guy.... You havn't seen anything yet...when it comes to stuff like that i run with the big boys
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Dave... Interesting question... I really never looked into it... I would imagine that if the water is comfortable enough for the panfish, then it wouldn't bother the bass all that much either... If there is no other food available, one would think they would have to follow the food... even in winter...

Quote:Originally posted by Lunker Dave:
Fine Bango sounds good. Heres a good question. when winter hits and the dissoled oxygen drops in a lake due to low light penetration threw the ice do you feel bass will dare the colder water, and follow the panfish for more food and comfort or will they just hunker down and wait until turnover starts and they feel the water warming up. this question has come up during ice fishing demonstrations that I have done.
Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Where you going ed... You just got here???
Brendan C.
David Lengyel

Post by David Lengyel »

Unfortunately when a dredging happens they may be stirring up more then they bargen for. True it will remove some of the toxins, but it will also send them suspending in the water to find a new destination to settle. so in tern you may have less pollution over a larger area. its a double edge sword from my perspective. There are certain bacteria that can breakdown pcbs whitch has been discussed in my lab class, but what happens when they exhaust their supply or what are the enviornmental consequences by introducing a new organism to a eco-system that may not be optimal.
David Lengyel

Post by David Lengyel »

Yes I feel the same way. I will actually move my tip-ups shallower during late winter, and will have much sucess. Now shallower may mean bringing them up in the water column, and not necessarly moving them into 3 feet of total depth.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Dave I haven't even seen enough ice to "ice fish" on yet this year... and the bass are still moving around pretty actively...

You might want to try going to Fresh Pond in North Port this weekend if you are looking for some action...
Brendan C.
David Lengyel

Post by David Lengyel »

gotta go. calls to make and people to haggle with. talk to everybody soon

Lunker Dave
David Lengyel

Post by David Lengyel »

one last thing. thanks for the advise Brenden if you want give me a call and well atry to hook something up. good night
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Take care Dave... We are going to rap this up... we have to keep experimenting with days and times to find out what night is good for everyone... But that doesn't mean you can't stop in to talk anytime...

Later...

BC
Brendan C.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Ice fishing come on!