Wednesday - January 23rd, 2002

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

being confident and keeping focused on your strategies for 8 hrs it can be very easy to forget what you planned.
YAR

Post by YAR »

well since i haven't been fishin, i did the next best thing. i had about 50 catalogs sent to me off the internet, they all came the same day. the mail man came to the door with them rubberband together. the wife wasn't to happy. need to say when i came home from work she to the credit cards from my wallet rightaway.
csic

Post by csic »

Falling behind? I'm drownig back here. Ant. want an 18 foot all welded jon boat? Last fish was a 30 pound striper a few days before xmas
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Scum Frog,it swims nice through all the tough spots,but i have a bad habit of setting to fast
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

And why do you think that is so, Anthony? For most people, I would say it's because of a lack of confidence in the game plan that they originally came up with... What do you guys think?

In Reference to your post :

"being confident and keeping focused on your strategies for 8 hrs it can be very easy to forget what you planned"
Brendan C.
YAR

Post by YAR »

brendan getting to the ? you ask. i like the chugbug, cause it make a loud chug and spits water great when worked right. the times i like to use it is always in the am around sun up. also at dusk, but i like when everything is calm no ripple on the water . i mean when the water is flat. i just like to stir things up.
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Should you give up on the plan or stategy,1/2 hr ,1hr ?? even if you realy think it should work?
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

That's a good bait Ray... So you go with the text book... First and Last thoery? I mostly use them to cover water quickly... Like a search bait... I've been using the SPRO 5" floating minnows alot or a big husky jerk...

How about the rest of you guys?
Brendan C.
YAR

Post by YAR »

to give up on your game plan to me depends on whats going on. lets say you have a fast limit and an hr has past no bits nothing the i would move my pattern to other areas like what i'm fishin, if still nothing then change up. or lets say your fihing for 1-2 hrs and nothing going on, change. always remember have a back up plan cause things change fast.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Anthony... There are so many factors that come in to play with a game plan and when you should abandon it. The game plan could in fact be the best one for that day, but something change in the weather, water temp, forage, etc...

If I had to give a time limit, it would be very difficult to say how long. Was it an afternoon game plan, morning, mid-day.

It would also depend on the number of days the tournament was for...

I will say that I have been most successful when I follow my instinks and what that voice inside is telling me to do.
Brendan C.