decking a 12' alum V Hull

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
Jake

Post by Jake »

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever (or seen) a decked 12' alum V hull
row boat. I have questions re: stability
and weight issues
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Jake,

I have seen it done. I have also seen them tip over... If you are concerned with stability, I would recommend moving up to at least a 14' with a wide beam. If you already have the 12' V-Hull, then the only suggestion I would make is keep the decking below the bench seats. I hope this is somewhat helpful...

BC
Brendan C.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Brendan

Thanks for your advice. I just finished my boat and took it out for a weekend. It worked perfectly and is suprisingly stable
considering the beam. I did take your advice and I kept the decking below the
benches. My paln to put 13 " pedestal seats in had to be thrown out, but now I can stand up and cast with total confidence. I actually had 3 offers to buy it from a few locals who thought it was the plushest 12' on the lake. How do I upload pictures to this board? I documented the whole bulding process.

Thanks again, Jake
Jake

Post by Jake »

Brendan

Thanks for your advice. I just finished my boat and took it out for a weekend. It worked perfectly and is suprisingly stable
considering the beam. I did take your advice and I kept the decking below the
benches. My paln to put 13 " pedestal seats in had to be thrown out, but now I can stand up and cast with total confidence. I actually had 3 offers to buy it from a few locals who thought it was the plushest 12' on the lake. How do I upload pictures to this board? I documented the whole bulding process.

Thanks again, Jake
JoeMo

Post by JoeMo »

Jake- Sounds like your boat turned out even better than you planned. Great! Look, I'm sure Brendan would be interested in the photos of your boat building progress. I will consult with him and we'll get back to you.
Good Fishing and much obliged for the update.
JoeMo Moderator
Good Fishing,
JoeMo - Bassin' USA Message Board Moderator