Where can I find good Bass Fishing in Illinois

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
I_Want_Bass

Post by I_Want_Bass »

Does anyone know where I can find good Bass / Crappiie fishing? If so, can u tell me how to get there? Thanks.
fish45

Post by fish45 »

Shelbyville is probably your best bet for bass although that lake is not too much to brag about. If you live in the northern part of Illinois try lake michigan. Whatever you do stay away from Rend Lake, it's tough. In the south the Ohio River can be good at times.
Casey is Sponsored by Midwest Bass Tournaments.com, Tournament Force Tackle, Fireball Lures and is a Field Writer for BASSIN' USA.
johnnie crain outdoors

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

I_want_bass,
Check out Illinois Pro Staff member Dan Galusha's pro staff profile, his e-mail etc is on there. He knows his stuff! Johnnie
Johnnie Crain
dansfishntales

Post by dansfishntales »

A good spot for bass, which shouldn't be too far from you is LaSalle Lake. It has some good smallmouth and largemouth. However, it can be dangerous in the wind, if in a smaller boat, and that is why there is a minimum size limit on boats. Also, the lake is only open from April to October.

Clinton Lake is another possibility for crappie and bass.

If I knew how far from home you were wanting to go it would be helpful. I get weekly reports from a lot of places for my radio show.

Best of Fishing,
Dan
Dan Galusha : Bassin' USA Prostaff : Illinois
carl

Post by carl »

Last spring our winning boat brought in 29lbs of bass, on Lake Mermet; however that was before it got nailed by a tornado, so you'd have to check with DNR about it's current state. Cedar Lake and Shellbeville are also excellent pan fish lakes. If I'm right and you're from up north check out Midwest Sportsmen Club in Alsip Il. There are also a number of Muskie fishermen in the club.