Daiwa Megaforce® with Twitchin’ Bar

Share your comments, thoughts, criticisms and compliments about the many forms of tackle and equipment on the market today...
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

no prob brenden i can take it.I wounder if you can get stainless gears.I wounder if a salt water version of the baitcaster i throw would last longer in freshwater???I have already had to take mine to get cleaned cause of all the funky stuff in the ponds. The green alge and moss. But in 2 and a half months i have caught 75+ LMB.Not to brag or nothing.Catch and release only baby
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Funny that we are discussing this topic. I just received some new stuff from Daiwa for product reviews. As we get further along, I'll be sure to get some direct input from the Daiwa folks regarding the various levels of rods and reels they offer.

Robo... I bought a rod once for $10.00 in a fly fishing shop. It retailed for about $40 (made by Browning) and I liked the rod so much that I was willing to pay $150 to have the guides and reel seat replaced after many years of abuse. I guess after thinking about it more, maybe price doesn't always matter and when you find an affordable piece of equipment that works really well we should be happy we found it...

Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

That is so true...

I have similar story...i bought a Lamiglass graphite blank, for I think $5 years ago, I was still in high school..the owner of the shop gave me a deal as I used to go into the shop almost daily and hang out and look at the lures.

I had the rod custom wrapped eventually by a great custom rod builder out here and it was my favorite rod...used it for fresh, salt...caught lots of fish off of it...but sadly, it was stolen with all my tackle and other stuff out of storage unit...
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Some people... you know? At least you have the memories.

On a side note, did you ever see the movie Caddyshack? If so, you might recall the scene where Ted Knight (Judge Smails) takes out his trusty old putter called the "Billy Barule" that never misses... it's wrapped in a hand knitted cover (something like grandma would make) and it's old and beat up looking... I think it was even some odd color yellow and brown... anyway, that is what I have named that $10 Browning rod... when I had it redone, I told the guy "just wrap it with black thread with a little gold trim"... well he thought for what I was paying, I deserved something a bit more flashy... boy did this thing come out ugly looking! It still has put more money in my pocket than any other rod I own. I have been thinking about having some little old lady knit me a nice rod sleeves that looks like the one from Caddyshack.

Well, don't ask me why, but I just felt like sharing that story...

BC
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

haha..thats funny brendan..but i can see late at night knitting..haha
**Ray Charpentier**
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

Well i had to take back my megaforce twitchin bar it craped out on me.And the bass pro shop dont plan to restock them cause the plastic gears strip out to easy.The same that happened to mine, after i talked it up too.So i went back to abu reel and got the new revo sx in black.It casts like a dream.It was hard to fork out the 150 for the reel but i feel that i wont have problems with this one.Over sized brass gears and stainless bearings with a 7:1 . Spring is here so get those lines wet the fish are a bitein.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Daiwa told us that those reels are on back order. We will be testing them out when they come in... thanks for the heads up, we'll be sure to check that aspect thoroughly. You should write to Daiwa directly, they will take care of the problem, or at least let you choose another reel.
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

As it should still be under warranty...
**Ray Charpentier**
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

The guys at bass pro helped me out alot.And they tole me what i really should be useing , for all the fishing i do.I really wanted to go with the blu twitchin bar but was kinda weary cause of the problems i had with the mega force. Between the push button getting jammed and the spoll free spinning when i tried to engauge it. Dont think for a minute i just abused it.It rode up front or in my back seat so it didnt see alot of dirt. Oh well i liked the idea of the twitchin bar , i probly just got one that was made on friday or something.Good fishing to ya fishing is nuts here at the beach.Hope it is there for you guyz as well
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

I have had my megaforce for 6 months and it hasnt broke or caused problems.

i got the lucky one!!!