Wall of Fame

This gallery contains our previously submitted photo into our Photo Gallery Challange.
johnnie crain outdoors

Wall of Fame

Post by johnnie crain outdoors »

I caught this bass weighing nine pounds, on a Stren digital scale, at Walton Lake near Fairifeld, Iowa. I believe it is the third largest bass ever taken in Iowa. The record is ten pounds, twelve ounces. Caught her on a 1/2 ounce white spiinerbait in ten feet of water along rip rap. The fish was immediately released to fight again after spawning.

Attached files
Johnnie Crain
Roboworm99

Wall of Fame

Post by Roboworm99 »

that's a nice chunk
**Ray Charpentier**
George Cawthorn

Wall of Fame

Post by George Cawthorn »

Wow Johnnie... dang that is a big one. Beautiful bass and nice pic too. I like photos that are pulled back so you can get the real deal image of the fish.

When all of you and the fish are in a picture the scale of it lets you know just how monsterous those big ones really are. Look at the gut on that one..... holy smokes you must have been jazzed by that one!!!

Just curious what day of the year did you catch that one on.

I'm askin because the spring is good for a heavy bass if you can get one with a full load of eggs onboard that helps.

Man I just love shoreline fishing off the riprap.

Good fishing to ya, later....... geobass
wgbassgirl

Wall of Fame

Post by wgbassgirl »

Johnnie that is a beauty. Thanks for submitting it for the Photo Challenge.

Lets get some photos submitted here. I am sure that someone here has one that is just as good or even better. Remember the winner is going to receive a $25.00 gift certificate to Midwest Fishing Tackle.

Once we have some photos, we will allow all the members to vote on the winners.

If you are not sure how to post your photo just contact me and I will help you out.

Thanks
Wendy
johnnie crain outdoors

Wall of Fame

Geo, I caught that hawg on March 16th at about 11:00 a.m. Public lake two ther guys fishing, but casting too far out from shore- no fish for them. I caught four that day.
Johnnie Crain
jeastman

Wall of Fame

Post by jeastman »

[censored] thats a nice one what should i do to catch bass like that in northern va any suggestions
johnnie crain outdoors

Wall of Fame

Bassin Jake, when fishing for larger bass I use large baits. That's a full 1/2 ounce spinnerbait, that probably should be rated 3/4, it big and heavy. I've caught a few eight pounders on large-deep diving crankbaits-more than any other bait. I almost always paralell deep banks near rocks to catch lunkers. In all honesty, I think that bass would have taken a jig and pig, but that's too slow for me. Johnnie

Nunz, Thanks, no trailer bait or trailer hook, seldom use them with the larger baits, this bass was full of eaggs and wasn't out of the water more than a few seconds, two photos and right back in. It's my largest, but just couldn't kill it for mounting.
Johnnie Crain