Recomend me a bait caster

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
BTwizy

Post by BTwizy »

Ive gone through 2 so far...My first bait caster I spent 30 dollars on and it sucked....The second I spent 60 dollars on, and for some reason I cant even get this thing to backspin on me. It doesnt cast very far.
swimbait101

Post by swimbait101 »

shimano citica 200d is the best
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Another one that you might like to check out would be the Daiwa Tierra. It sells for about $119, but you can find it cheaper if you do some shopping around:

Bass Pro Shops - Daiwa Tierra Link
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Whats your price range?
**Ray Charpentier**
BTwizy

Post by BTwizy »

Well 119 is defently the tops! Lol Those are some nice reels. Although what amazes me that u can spend 60 dollars on a reel and It be complete junk. Ima have to do some saving. (By that I mean stashing money where the OL cant find it) I was hoping to get asomethin in the 60 dollar range but it lookin like u get what u pay for when it comes to these babys.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

What lures will you be throwing.

What size line?

What action rod are you pairing it with?

What reels have you tried so far?

How much experience do you have with baitcasters?
**Ray Charpentier**
BTwizy

Post by BTwizy »

I like to throw big jigs,spinner baits, but I also use alot of littler crank baits....I dont have a ton of exp with bait casters... I have been using trilene 8# test...as far as my rods go...I got an ugly stick and a cherrywood that is kinda flimsey... Both are pretty cheap I can say that Ive put any more then 20 dollars at a time for buying a rod. My 2 previous baitcasters were purchased at wallmart but I cant recall the brands. Actually my first 1 seemed to do well but 1 day it back spun on me so bad that I chucked it. At the beginning of this season I purchased another one.I used it for a week and then It kinda just went dead on me. If u feel the spool the line comes off real smooth but when u cast it...just feels like a dud.
MbBass

Post by MbBass »

OK sounds like you were in the same boat as me . I bought a couple of cheaper reels. I felt funny spending so much on a fishing combo when all was said and done. But they mested up on me so many times . I surf and i was thinking i spend 400 to 750 for my boards that i have now.

So what i am getting at is if you love to fish and you hate buying something over and over . I would go abu garcia the revo serries . Smoth like butter and you can cast weightless forever. That way when you get to buy your next reel That one will still be throwin fine and you can set up one pole for a certain kind of fishing and the other one a different stle like pitching , cranking , jiggin , etc etc. Right now i have just bought the quantum code and its pretty good but i will admit the revo st is the one i will pick up first and you can find them on ebay for cheaper than the stores and they still come new in the box and backed by warranty. Hope this helps
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Right now an excellent price

Shimano Citica D Casting Reels - Sale $89.88 @tacklewarehouse.com

Abu Garcia REVO S Casting Reel - $109.99 @tacklewarehouse.com

And the reel Brendan recommended.
**Ray Charpentier**
BTwizy

Post by BTwizy »

Well I decided to go with the Daiwa Tierra I appreciate all the feed back u guys and when I get her shipped (early B-Day present from myself!) I'll let u guys know how I like it.