need help on topwater lures

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
dallaspafishing

Post by dallaspafishing »

ok, i been fishing for a while now but i been mainly using poppers and crankbaits. i just got a zara spook but i don't really know how to get the ryhtem of it. does anyone have any tricks on how to do that?
thanks
wgbassgirl

Post by wgbassgirl »

Dallaspafishing -

Although, I am a beginner myself in this area...in my experience I found that when I used a middle sized Zara Spook on 10lb test XL with my spinning rod, I had the best results.
Basically, this is how I work the spook...I throw it out and wait for the water ripples to settle (from the splash), and I work it 2 ways:

1. I twitch it about 3 times, and wait for the water ripples to settle, and do it again.
2. I then reel it in while twitching it (side to side) at a steady slow speed.

Then I hold on because a big bass is coming.

This was my experience this summer using a Zara Spook, and the technique worked out pretty nicely for me. I am sure that our Prostaff members have their own experiences and more techniques to offer you. I myself look forward to their responses. I hope my experience will help you.

Also, I found a video on YouTube with Scott Martin actually showing you how to "Walk the Dog" with a Zara Spook. It is not a long video, but you really get a nice visual.

Zara Spook - Walking The Dog

Thanks
Wendy
dallaspafishing

Post by dallaspafishing »

thanks a lot wendy