How to Rig a Drop Shot - Alton Jones

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

There are some better video tips out there.

The things he misses in this video are, tieing the palomar knot and after tieing the knot..most important tip...is to thread the line back through the eye of the hook. This will help the bait stand straight out from the line.
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

No question there are better videos out there. Great tip for threading the line back through the eye. If you have any links to some other videos, please post them.

Thanks,
BC
Brendan C.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Just to add some more details, I found this very interesting and versatile article on Drop Shotting written by Marc Marcantonio - Northwestern Staff Writer for the Inside Line:

Article: Refining the Art of Dropshotting

Brendan C.
KNBman

Post by KNBman »

Brendan, did I hear you say "Flick Shotting"? Been doing it a lot this past year with much success. At times it outfished the conventional style of dropshotting 5:1. In fact, I fished it so much this year that I credit this technique for earning me the AOY award. Keep in mind that I fish at the back of the boat.

brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Yes, I did Daryl... you could also call it "wacky-shotting".

Hey man, congrats on winning AOY in your club... and from the back of the boat no less!
Brendan C.