New Fishing Shows are on...

Share tactics, tips, strategies and other fishing information...
bassin butch

Post by bassin butch »

Worst in my book: Anything involving Roland Martin, or Bill Dance.

I do like the city fishing show, and my favorite was "Schooled by Brauer", Its not on anymore and I miss it.

Bassin Butch
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

You mean you dont like to see Bill Dance fishing in his farm ponds?
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

I'll tell you what I like is his bloopers... man does that guy get into some trouble. Some of my favorites are:

Bill Gets Attacked

Dance's with Trolling Motor!

Bill's got a "nose" for trouble

See More:

WATCH BILL DANCE BLOOPERS ON YOU-TUBE!
Brendan C.
jmoyer198484

Post by jmoyer198484 »

whats wrong with roland martins show? that was my faviorte show a while ago,that and hank parkers show,i dont think his show is the best,but i met him at my first tournament win at lake wallenwaupack in the poconos pa and he is a hell of a guy,so i started watching his show and those bill dance bloopers, are awsome, but that goose would of been knocked out if that was me!!!!!!!
jason moyer
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

You know it's funny how Bill Dance and Roland Martin have been forgotten since their tournament days. Dance in particular was almost unstoppable in his tournament prime.

I guess people just like busting on them because they both spend a lot of time featuring themselves fishing in these untouched honey holes loaded with monster bass... to be honest, I'm just jealous that I don’t have an abundance of places like that near where I live.
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

Rolands a great guy and he was the KVD of his time...met him a few years ago at the Long Beach Tackle Show out here in CA. he took the time to talk to me about all kinds of fishing techniques at the big bas bin they had...his son is so much like him.

I heard this past year Roland did some swimbaiting out here in Cali ...I'm sure it was to try the BBZ's from SPRO...so cant wait for those episodes.

I grew up watching Roland, Jimmy Houston and Bill Dance.

Jimmy Houston....that hair, that laugh...but hey I kiss the bass, because of him...and one of old time favorite lures to throw is the Cordell Spot because of him...

Speaking of which, not to jack my own thread...anybody know where or have sources for the old cordell spots as well as Silent Lipless Crankbaits?
**Ray Charpentier**
bassin butch

Post by bassin butch »

what's wrong with Roland martins show?

"Its a 6,or 7, or 8 pounder" And its really a 3 LB bass

"SON", "its a Gary yamamoto senko" Like nobody has ever heard of a Senko, you would have to be from a different planet not to know.

His tournament history speaks for itself (Awesome). I have nothing against him other than his TV persona.

Bassin
Butch
jmoyer198484

Post by jmoyer198484 »

i agree 100% but he was the man 2 me when i was a kid and then couldnt where my own shoe laces now. but true,ever so true so i am only 24,so u see where i am coming from but what about hank parker?
jason moyer
Roboworm99

Post by Roboworm99 »

You dont work them...they work for you
**Ray Charpentier**
SomethingSmells

Post by SomethingSmells »

Ya I grow up watching Bill and Roland. They where part of me getting involved in fishing. I think I still have a VHS of Rolands "How to" video. Now it's mostly Bassmasters and In fisherman. Although I don't like when the one guy (I think he's the senior editor) gets a fish. He has it out of the water why to long just for the shot. The one show I would like to see is from bassmater mag. "A day on the lake" When they take a pro and put him on a local lake in a small town. Then he has 7 hours to figure out a pattern. That would be cool to see.
James Carroll "Live,Love,Laugh and fish"