Dont forget to retie your line .

Just getting started in Bass Fishing? Hey, everyone started at some point. There are no wrong questions here, only the ones you don't ask. This is the place to ask for help on the basics.
mofish

Post by mofish »

Excellent observation Brendan! Can't count the times I have had to chase springs or washers across the floor. I have a tip for that too! Cardboard box! Disasemble the reel in a cardboard box with a white towel in the bottom and all the parts stay right there. Sometimes a spring will fly but most of the time they stay in the box. The towel gives them a nice soft spot to land and not bounce and if its white they are easy to see.

Forgot to mention that I lay the box on its side with opening facing me. That way a spring will hit the top of the box and land on the towel. Then you can slid the towel out and all the parts are laying right there to clean.
Thanks,
Conley Staley
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

That's another good tip... when your finished cleaning your reels, you can use the box and towel as your stage for a puppet show! lol (Just kidding)
Brendan C.
mofish

Post by mofish »

Hey now that might make a good Seminar class! "How to clean your bait cast reel and puppet show" all in one! I got plenty of old socks with holes in them for the puppets! lol! I could get me one of the "bass head pieces like "Ike" wears in those Berkley commercials. You know the one "I been to their ship!"
Thanks,
Conley Staley