Are You In A Bass Club?

A place to share information about your bass club, or request information about bass clubs...
brendanc

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by brendanc »

Just wondering how many of you guys/gals are members of a Bass Fishing Club? If so, what club are you a member of?

BC

I am currently a member of:

Long Island Bassmasters and Atlantic Bassmasters
Brendan C.
Roboworm99

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by Roboworm99 »

Nope...I keep being petitioned for one though. I just don't have the time and funds for it right now.
**Ray Charpentier**
SomethingSmells

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by SomethingSmells »

Nope not yet. I will soon so I can join the tournaments.
James Carroll "Live,Love,Laugh and fish"
jmoyer198484

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

yeah rebel bassmasters and greenwood bassmasters, and i fish the bass federation trail,
jason moyer
brendanc

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by brendanc »

OK, so we've got a few responses. Here's two more questions to keep this subject going...

For the people who are in a club:
What was the main reason you decided to join a bass fishing club?

For the people who are NOT in a club:
If you were to join a club, what would your main reason be?

BC
Brendan C.
jmoyer198484

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by jmoyer198484 »

for tournament experience,
jason moyer
Roboworm99

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by Roboworm99 »

I would join for the experience, knowledge and the competition.
**Ray Charpentier**
brendanc

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by brendanc »

When I joined, it was to learn and to fish tournaments. It seems like that is the common reason for joining.

There are also clubs that do other projects with youth and conservation and people find that helping out others can really make you feel good. Although people eventually get involved, it doesn't seem to be the main reason they join.
Brendan C.
ukey28

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by ukey28 »

I joined the 6th Bassmaster Chapter ever created, Long Island Bassmasters, in 1973. There were no Videos showing techniques, No Bass Fishin shows, Only Fishing Facts, Bassmasters and The American Bass Fisherman Magazines. And most of the guys that wrote in one, wrote in all three. The Club was the only place to get information and have someone SHOW you what to do. I was told by Clubmembers that if I was serious I had to read "Spoonpluggin" by Buck Perry and "Night Crawler Secrets". Both of these books gave you the foundations of structure fishing and fish movements. Between the guys in the club FREELY sharing information because I was willing to do the work and understanding and practicing what I learned in those two books I became a real Bass Fisherman. Its up to you where you go with the information that is handed to you, but joining a club can forward your ability in quantum steps.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
brendanc

Are You In A Bass Club?

Post by brendanc »

Nicely stated Frank... You need to choose the right club though... not every club shares info readily. LIB has always been open to sharing knowledge.

Speaking fo which there is a LIB meeting tonight and I just was informed that one of our members (SomethingSmells) is going to come down to check things out. Any chance of you stopping in?

BC
Brendan C.