BUY AMERICAN - SUPPORT OUR COUNTRY!

This is the place for off-topic posts. Have something besides fishing on your mind? Post it here. WARNING THIS AREA CONTAINS CONTENT THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

Remember when Wally mart used to advertise that they sold american made products? at one point american farmers produced enough to feed the entire world now we can't even feed ourselves. With the outsourceing of manufatureing our middle class has pretty much disapeared. There are still local bait and lure makers, rod makers and I try to buy as much of my tackle from them as I can.Unfortunately the majority of the fishing products we use are made overseas. But is is still hard to avoid unless you look for it.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

No question about it Alycat... just about every angler I know buys products that are made over seas (myself included). If you want to stay competitive in bass fishing, you sometimes need to have that "new thing".

BC
Brendan C.
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

LOL I know what you mean. More products have caught fisherman than they have fish... I give alot of credit to the local guys that make alot of their own product. They have a faithful following and good relationship with their clients. They are willing to make whatever you want or need to stay competitive. And I give credit to those independant shops that are willing to carry and promote their products as well. Try getting a special order from the big chain stores and you'll know what I mean.
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

By the way... welcome to the site and that's a nice smallie you're holding.
Brendan C.
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

Thanks Brendan that was my best fish of the year. Brookville lake Indiana 4 3/4lbs. won the tournament and big fish. took it on a Buckeye Baits black pig n jig. It was a wonderful day there was a college tournament there that day too plus two other clubs. Cold around 50 windy and 3 foot rollers. I had caught wallies all day, when I hooked that big hawg. To say the least I was a happy man. Ie've been snowed in for a few days and i must say this is the most informative site I have found I have really enjoyed the articals and forums. Keep up the great work!!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Yeah... you've gotta love fishing in 3 footers! Thanks for the compliments on the website, we are always trying to add more...

BC
Brendan C.
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

Well Brendan You all have done a great job. Alot of info and tips that are spot on! Learning is the name of the game and you and your staff are very good at teaching an old dawg a few new tricks. Even after 30 years of fishing I have learned a great deal from your site. I've gone to countless seminars and been a co-angler for a few years just to get more insight on this sport. Your never too old or too good to get better.
allen howard

Post by allen howard »

Well belive it or not. I was in Walley mart recently and bought afew items. off the clearence rack of course. And to my surprise it was american made!! Arkie brand hooks jigs and accesseries. are made here good job Walley mart!!!
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Nice to know that Walmart carries stuff mad ein the USA! >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />

and you are right again... everybody can always learn more. There's nothing like trying out a new tactic or technique and catching with it...
Brendan C.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Hey guys,
I'm getting i on this thread a little late. I used to buy the plain Arkie jig head for grub fishing. It was shaped a little like a football head, unpainted. Boought them in 1/4 & 1/8 They were one of the best heads I used for fishing the Mann's sting Ray grubs. Wally World was the only place that had them.. No longer make them though. They carried some good stuff.
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York