Ronkonkoma Lake, Long Island

Regional forum for anglers from New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Hey Guys first time out this year. Ronkonkoma was my destination. I picked this lake to study more on electronics I got a long way to go but I'm catching on. Well conditions where a little cloudy with the sun in and out. Water temp was from 40-deg to 44-deg water still cold. I did manage to catch a nice 2 1/2 LB Large mouth. Water on the lake is pretty low from past couple of years. All in all it was a pretty good day learning the different readings on the fish finder.
SomethingSmells

Post by SomethingSmells »

What fishfinder do you have? Me and my brother want to hit that lake soon.
James Carroll "Live,Love,Laugh and fish"
brendanc

Post by brendanc »

Those trees look a little green for 40 degree water temps Nunz... and where's your winter coat? lol

I know that you meant "all of last year" not just early spring... >/wink.gif" alt="wink" title="wink" height="15" width="15" />
Brendan C.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Tail's a little red too, Chunky as well, Hmmm Maybe mid May?:????
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Hey James, My fish finder is the 343c Hummingbird.

Nunz, to be exact the temp read 43.5 deg it was the highest temp I found all afternoon. I caught him on a tube using my St.Croix 6'6" med heavy rod with a Quantum KVD 20 spinning reel. Fished very slow, the bass hit about 2 feet from the surface. Your right Ronk can be funny. I want to post the picture of it but for some reason I cant upload it. Hey I just posted the pic I did lol. Now I need to learn how to add it to a post.
ukey28

Post by ukey28 »

Nailed it!!!
Frank : Bassin' USA Prostaff : New York
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Originally Posted By: SomethingSmellsWhat fishfinder do you have? Me and my brother want to hit that lake soon.

Hey, James I don't know if you read the fishfinder I use, Hummingbird 343c
Anthony Falzon

Post by Anthony Falzon »

Nice one Nunz, You know that Lake can produce Quality fish, Last year around early May I caught a 4 1/2 pound smallie man shocked the hell out of me, I was pitching a blk/blu jignpig in the trees right in front of 7/11 did not expect a bronzie out of there but goes to show you that lake is crazy. Oh thanks for the pic help.